NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 536.23 Discussion

Im getting constant crashes with the latest driver in various places in MSFS. I have a 13900K and Rtx 4090fe. Both are overclocked with no prior issues with previous driver. Errors are : Fault modules, ucrtbase.dll and flightsimulatoe.exe. I was using TAA. Will try DLSS before I consider reverting back to previous driver

I suspect it is either a heat or under-volt issue. It only takes a micro second of under-volt for it to fault.

Just an ideaā€¦do you use an xmp profile in bios for your memory? Might try disabling that.

1 Like

I have it disabled

No heat issues this far, but ya never know!

Well I finally got to complete my first flight using the latest Nvidia driver 536.23. There was something I had forgotten to do after my last windows update which was just yesterday. As part of Windows insider Program, I usually get all the latest Canary Drivers for Windows 11 to test out. However, after yesterdays update and the installation of Nvidia newest drivers, I simply just forgot to repair and reset MSFS. This little trick works for me every single time. If this little problem fits what youa re experiencing, try repairing/resetting windows.

NOTE: If you reset MSFS, you will have to reconfigure all your custom views again.

1 Like

i9 13900K, RTX 4090 gaming oc,32GB ram
Ultra settings, LOD 385/200, TAA + frame generation - no issues.

3 Likes

Thanks all for reporting, I just decided to download, Iā€™ll do 10 hour flight today, if anything still pops up Iā€™ll report back, if not it works fine ( i9 13900k RTX4090, 64gb TAA Frame generation)

1 Like

I donā€™t do 10 hour flights, but short flights in both DX11 and DX12 worked fine so far. 12900K/3080ti.

1 Like

Backup folder named Airplanes
c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes

Here is the cleaned Nvidia driver 536.23ā€¦

1 Like

Same here; seeing increased FPS w/ DX12, TAA, Frame Gen = ON.

Just a real shame the nvidia filters break it. May try reshade.

1 Like

On my 4060 TI, the game keeps random crashing when using 536.23 (sometimes after just some minutes after starting the flight / sometimes after 2+ hours of flying). Switched back to 535.98 and the issues seem to be resolved.

Using Frame Gen, TAA, DX12, ULTRA preset.

1 Like

This 536.23 driver is horrendous!

5900x, 3080 10GB, 128GB DDR4 and I was getting like 8-12FPS with just the A32NX in my community folder and one livery.

Went back to 532.03 from Guru3D and boom, back to 44FPS with the same community add-ons.

DX12 in both cases.

I have had no issues at all with .23. Have tried both DX11 and DX12. 12900k/308ti. DLSS Quality/Ultra. No VR.

Hey everyone, posted this in the 535.98 thread but maybe more appropriate here ā€“ Iā€™m having severe ā€œcrash on loadingā€ screen issues (started a few months ago with a prior version, though I rolled that prior version back to 531.29 and had brief success, but then it started failing again). Iā€™ve tried using 536.23, 535.98, back to 531.29, changing virtual memory, dx11, reinstalling game, HAGS on, HAGS off, nothing. Running Intel i9-9900k, Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER, 32GB Installed RAM. No mods or anything - just vanilla MSFS 2020 Steam.

Much appreciate any ideas anyone has, or any direction if Iā€™m in the wrong spot here. Thanks everyone.

Itā€™s mentioned that the new driver includes a fix for a known bug about randomly crashing on MSFS.
Although, my case is the exact opposite. I was playing with no issues. And after updating to version 536.23, MSFS started to crash just at about the last parts of the first loading. I couldnā€™t manage to reach the game menu. I donā€™t know if something is wrong with me or new driver has a new bug.

It is not only you, I installed 536.23 and on the next two flights it crashed, once about 1 and half hours in to the flight and on the next attempt it crashed as I turned final about 2 hours 10 mins in, exactly the same flight plan etc.
Rolled the driver back to 535.98 completed exactly the same flight, no issues at all and gone on to complete subsequent flights after the rollback, with no issue.
I had this once previously with an older release, so I again rolled back waited until the next release came out installed that one and all was well.

Getting horrible stutters with 536.23. Will have to roll back.

VR only G2: Using 536.23, rtx2080 super, performs smooth no stutters, no crashes, 2-4 fps improvement over 531.41 which gave me a big improvement over previous drivers by 4-5 fps. So all in all my last 2 drivers gave me nearly 8 fps bump.
Never had crashes or stuttersā€¦for those that do I suggest you ā€˜clear environment dataā€™ for wmr.