NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 536.23 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 536.23.

Game Ready for F1 23

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games featuring DLSS 2 technology including F1 23. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of Aliens: Dark Descent.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Microsoft Flight Simulator] Game may randomly crash when playing in DX12 mode after updating to driver 531.41 [4051526]
  • [Red Dead Redemption] Game shows random stability issues [4140319]

Fixed General Bugs

• Fast sync caps the game FPS to the monitors maximum refresh rate [4114157]
  • Surface Book/Surface Studio stuck at lowest clock speeds when running on battery [4063597]
  • When using multiple monitors which support adaptive sync, users may see random flicker on certain displays when G-SYNC is enabled after updating to driver 535.98 [4138119]
  • [ON1 Photo RAW] Application crashing [4114127]

Known Issues

• Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
  • Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]
4 Likes

Just installed, I usually keep to the Studio drivers. With a MSFS fix mentioned, I’ll give it a shot and report back.

2 Likes

So far so good. I noticed my 3090 runs cooler.

EDIT: Driver is two thumbs up

2 Likes

I also just did the update and I have no problem at the moment - 4090
I haven’t tried this DLSS.

I might be posting in the wrong place here so apologies if I am.

I’m running a 3080 with the latest drivers above. I’ve got DLSS enabled but the PMDG 737 screens are sort of blurry / update fuzzy (difficult to describe).

Any ideas how I can have crisp displays. I think I saw it was a limitation, but thought I’d reach out here for more help.

All good here. 4090.

RTX 2080 Super, DX12, NVIDIA DLSS Super Res set at DXAA… flew for a bit over 2 hours on the 536.23 drivers, and no problems!

1 Like

I stuck with 528.49 because of random CTDs with later drivers.
Just flew 536.23 for 2h in 2D and VR smoothly with zero problems (4080/DX12).

1 Like

I usually update as soon as a new driver comes out, but I have not done so for nearly a year. Can you really see any improvement with the new drivers. I always use the studio version and have no issues, so I cannot see why I should change.
Just curious to know what you think.

Take off the DLSS. Run TAA for anti aliasing. This should crisp up those screens!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried newest driver, 4090 TAA and used Nvidia Filters? Does it CTD?

1 Like

it is still under “known issues”

Perfect work here and more smooth :+1:t3:

i’ll try, will report back

1 Like

my sim ctd after trying nvidia filters, frame gen, after 5 mins.

1 Like

1 Like

7950X3D, 4080, 32GB, 4 TB SSD - Crashed after three minutes with DX12 and Frame Generation. Fixed nothing for me. Tried again. CTD again before fully into flight. Back to DX11 and TAA.

PCVR (Quest Pro and Vive Pro1) is working very well with my i9 13900k/rtx4090/32Gb 5200ram PC, win11, dx11, Hags and game mode disabled. All running very smooth with dlss/balanced.

1 Like

Btw a little info, unless someone already said it, sadly if nvidia doesn’t release a fix for the filters, with the next update of msfs, you might be not able to use old drivers anymore, I jumped into the beta program and when i launched the game i got a nice message telling me that my drivers were too old !

2 Likes

Much better here with 536.23. Gained 5 fps. Also much sharper image than the previous driver.

I thought I was going crazy, as I noticed a softer image with 535.98 @4k. I went through all Nvidia graphics settings and resetting to default values, as well as all MSFS graphic settings. Nothing I could do to restore a sharper image- even with fidelity FX to the max 200 value.

After installing 536.23 everything is nice and sharp again, with fidelity FX at 100, which is how I’ve always run it.

2 Likes