NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 546.29 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 546.29.

Game Ready for Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition & More

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3.5 technology including Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Season 1. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of THRONE AND LIBERTY which support DLSS 3, as well as the arrival of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and Fortnite Chapter 5 which support DLSS Super Resolution.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2] Updated application profile [4372908]

Known Isses

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows [4251314]
  • [Netflix] Display issues for videos when using Edge browser. Recommend using Windows Netflix application as workaround. [4388454]
3 Likes

With the last driver 546.17 I had severe g sync flickering on my LG45 inch Ultragear monitor. So I’m back to 537.58. I don’t dare update to 546.29 :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Anyone else see successful results w/ this latest driver?

Running good here on 4070 - well there is still the problem of the unexplained occasional pauses, but otherwise, this new driver seems good here.

2 Likes

The new Nvidia driver 546.29 seems to be running nice and smooth in PCVR with my Quest 3 headset and Air Link. With i9 13900k/rtx4090/32Gb 6400ram, dx11 and HAGS disabled (works better/smoother for me in VR). Used DDU in safe mode to uninstall previous driver beforehand (546.17).

This is not caused by Nvidia driver but by MSFS memory management.

Cheers

Hi, for all Nvidia users with stutters, give this a try:

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 546.31
This hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Intermittent stutter may be observed when V-SYNC is enabled [4379096]
  • [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5507

3 Likes

So-far-so-good. No stuttering for me.

Z390-P BiosVer 30043
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32768.0 GB DDR4 2666MHz

Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
SanDisk SSD G5

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎8/07/‎2023
OS build 22631.2715
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070ti with 12g memory
Driver 546.29
Driver 546.31 hot fix
DisplayPort
G Sync Monitor: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2721DGF
HP Reverb G2
Re-size bar - enabled

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo
Thrustmaster TPR Pedals

Internet Speed
230.9 Mbps download
32.5 Mbps upload

1 Like

Thank you!

According to the nVIDIA forums, the hotfix driver does not entirely solve the Vsync stutter issue. Do you observe this stuttering in MSFS? It is always hard to tell, but for me I got the impression that my build suffers from those stutters. I did install the hotfix driver, but no time yet to test it…

I have same results than last driver. No stuttering, nice colours, smooth flights. rtx 3060ti, i9-9700, 32GB RAM, H370 Mobo, 1 screen UWQHD 34" + 1 screen 32" WQHD, 30 fps, High mixed with Ultra, DLSS+Quality, TBM930, IFR, all weather cond., day and night, Win11pro

1 Like

So I seem to be getting this issue occasionally with DLSS Frame Generation with the latest NVidia driver. Lucky there’s a quick work around but it is still an issue. i think this is what others are experiencing too?

yes i have the same issue from time to time but i have no more the complete fps drop (random event that cut in half the fps)

turning off and then back on the frame generation solve the issue for me now

This was happening in the SU14 beta, which I added into the bug threads for Performance… but doesn’t seem it got fixed. The solve, for me too, is to turn FG off, then back ON, and it gets better. But still frustrating at times.

my fps was dropped worse than i expected with this driver . now i have 49 fps up in the sky and with previous driver i had 65 70 lol

I have not experienced any issues at all with this driver.

First of all, let me confess that I am not what most would call a “gamer”.
I only “play” MSFS. Therefore, my comments are probably irrelevant.

Anyway, I do not understand why there is so much discussion about FPS in the various MSFS forum threads. In my experience 30 FPS is quite satisfactory for my eyes. I know some will disagree with this, but 30 FPS has been considered to be kind of like a gold standard in flight simming for many years.

I’ve seen the arguments already so if you are among those who can detect frame changes at 30 FPS, my congrats to you on having better eyes than I (80+). Seriously!!

But personally, I set the MSFS VSync to on with the FPS set to 50% of my display’s refresh rate - 60hz, effectively resulting in 30FPS. I fly everywhere this way and never see any stutters, jitters, CTDs, etc.

In my opinion, MS/Asobo have fixed those problems. Yaaay! Thank you!
Now they can focus on other issues.

3 Likes

It all depends on your use case. If you are flying tubes at FL380 in 2D, 30FPS is good enough because objects do not move rapidly across your area of vision.

But the lower and faster you fly the bigger the issue becomes, especially if you dare to look to the side. Motion blur can help but costs FPS and doesn’t look all that good in MSFS. 60FPS makes a HUGE difference in these scenarios.

Also, it’s one thing to have X FPS from release day and have no change or just minor improvements with updates but losing any amount of those X frames you once had is very frustrating since you know X was possible to begin with.

1 Like

I am a low and slow flyer, primarily the single-engine piston GAs. I don’t fly any of the “tubes” and seldom exceed FL 3000ft.
The side views seem perfectly fine to me, but as I suggested previously, I can’t claim to have the best eyes…

2 Likes

I’m still on 546.17 with no problems at all, so I’ll skip this one.

2 Likes

Tried this driver today. Had multiple system crashes (hard shutdown without any notice) during flight or taxi. Also happend with earlier 546.xx versions. Going back to 536.99 and all is stable again.

I wonder how to debug what is causing those crashes. I’m not overclocking my GPU.