NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 551.86 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 551.86.

Game Ready for Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the latest DLSS 3.5 update for Portal with RTX which introduces DLSS Ray Reconstruction and NVIDIA RTX IO.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• Advanced Optimus: Notebook may not wake up from sleep when in NVIDIA GPU only display mode [4454524]
  • Hitman 3: Stutter observed in some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4443236]

Fixed General Bugs

• RTX HDR uses saturation and tone curve that matches Gamma 2.0 instead of 2.2 [4514298]
  • RTX Digital Vibrance incorrectly detects Paint.net app as a supported app [4539617]

Knows Issues

• [Netflix] Display issues for videos when using Edge browser. Recommend using Windows Netflix application as workaround. [4388454]
  • GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series: PC may randomly freeze when Windows Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know there’s a new driver.
Installing now to test it out. :+1:

4 Likes

Anyone tried this one yet in MSFS? Also, are you on SU14 or SU15 beta?

1 Like

Hello from Germany, I have installed the driver 551.86-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe “custom Installation”, without DDU, everything runs super creamy…

My hardware:

AMD CPU 7900X3D
RTX 4090 Asus TUF OC
Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 AMD EXPO
DLSS 3.5.10
Win 11 DX12 (beta)

I can only recommend it!" :+1: :ok_hand: :wink:

1 Like

super creamy!! :weary: :weary:

1 Like

are you on Sim Update 14 or on SU15 beta? Thanks for the review!

1 Like

In the beta 551.86 seems to be working

1 Like

I fly with SU14 and would never dare to fly a beta… :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Still have the DX12 issues. Apparently not fixed in the beta.

1 Like

That I suspected. Which issues, in particular? Frame Generation?

No…intermittent stutters. If you change an option in options it will go away for a while.

2 Likes

Latest beta - all good, stutter free.
i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 @7200

2 Likes

This driver is all fine and smooth and stable looking for me. 3090, dx11, not on beta.

4 Likes

Getting some odd stutters with this driver. 4080Super. Clearing the shader cache to see if it fixes the issue!

The “Your graphics device has encountered a problem” bug is back with this driver! Remember that one from maybe a year ago when using dx12? Am I the only one seeing this?

1 Like

Installed this driver Thursday and have flown the last two days with the best performance I’ve ever experienced in this sim.

Not on beta, TAA, 150 LOD settings and not a single stutter at major airports or while flying with FSLTL on.

This has been a total game change for me!

1 Like

im installing it now with the sim update 15 beta now

You should start your own YouTube channel. Just kidding mate, lol! Glad it’s working well for you. I’m still pretty happy with 551.61 and I’m going to wait until I get non-beta su15 before trying out 551.86. Cheers.