NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 555.99 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 555.99.

Release Highlights

Game Ready for Pax Dei and Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Pax Dei and Still Wakes the Deep. Further support for new titles includes the launch of the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree expansion.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [GeForce Experience] Flickering or black screen if Instant Replay is enabled [4665009]
  • [NVIDIA app] FPS overlay showing NA in multiple games [4608943]

Fixed General Bugs

• CUDA 12.5 does not work with CUDA enabled Docker images [4668302]
  • [Microsoft New Teams/Outlook] Visual artifacts when MFAA is enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel [4608670]
  • LG OLED48C4 TV is not detected as G-SYNC Compatible [4645783]
  • LG 32GS95UE is not detected as G-SYNC Compatible [4564083]
2 Likes

Nothing compelling to update from 552.44 for msfs imho. Updating to SU15 was bad enough, lol!

1 Like

Compared to *.85 this is a huge improvement for my monitor AW3225QF & 4080S in terms of vrr performance. I had to rollback to previous version as it caused the monitor to flicker. After testing yesterday, all issues on *.85 seems to have disappeared for me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it seems that the driver causes severe stutters from time to time. Similiar to the previous one :frowning:
Rolled back two versions back and it is fine.

2 Likes

Noted a Utube from IslandSimPilot who warned not to install it as it caused stuttering. TBH I always just load new drivers in and have no problems but A VR test flight this afternoon was not at all good with poor ground performance and continual micro-stuttering as well as poor visuals. Anybody else seen this happen before I just roll it back?

1 Like

I haven’t experienced any issues so far.

MSI Z790 Tomahawk WIFI, i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 @7200

1 Like

Nvidia v.555.85 gave stutters frequently with black screens on and off but v.555.99 corrected it all, now smooth no stutters no black screens.
2080 super

1 Like

There are a clean version of this driver? I couldn’t find it.

seems to cause some weird texture corruption issues with DX12, DX11 runs fine so far.

2 Likes

I ended up with a whole lot of stuttering, especially panning quickly in any direction, but all that disappeared when the Insider version 560.38 was pushed out. Everything has been silky smooth and stable since. Hopefully the next general driver release will be the same.

1 Like

Mine working fine now - turned out that something crashed out most of my graphic settings.

555.99 causes constant freezes, like one second freeze every constant 45 seconds. Even in the world map.
Rolled back to previous version, works fine

3 Likes

I found the same issues as TONAZ & FinalLightNL - bad graphic corruption issues (with direct X12) especially the grass surrounding the runways… as though I’d set the graphic slider right back to “low as you can get”
& exactly the same freezing for 1sec, happening every 45secs
Had to use rollback & went back to 552.22

1 Like

great, thanks @MilitaryMav i’ll give this version a try

for those that need it, you can download it here :
https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/assets/geforce-drivers/560.38_gameready_win11_win10-dch_64bit_international.exe

2 Likes

Those on the Windows 11 24H2 Release Preview, will benefit the most from that version.

1 Like