NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver 551.46 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 551.46

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 551.46 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 551.23

This hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Some users may experience intermittent micro-stuttering in games when vertical sync is enabled [4445940]
  • Potential stutter may be observed when scrolling in web browsers on certain system configurations [4362307]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan] Stutter observed on some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4425987]
  • [Immortals of Aveum] Addresses stability issues over extended gameplay [4415277]

Click here to download the GeForce Hotfix display driver version 551.46 for Windows 10 x64 / Windows 11 x64.

4 Likes

I am using studio drivers always, but what is the main difference between game ready and studio driver?

Game Ready Drivers vs NVIDIA Studio Drivers

Whether you are playing the hottest new games or working with the latest creative applications, NVIDIA drivers are custom tailored to provide the best possible experience. If you are a gamer who prioritizes day of launch support for the latest games, patches, and DLCs, choose Game Ready Drivers. If you are a content creator who prioritizes reliability for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose Studio Drivers. Do a little bit of both? No worries, either can support running the best games and creative apps.

Source

2 Likes

something is wrong here, my last driver was the Studio-Driver 551.23

And now I have a 551.46 from 28.02.2023 ???

now the hotfix 551.46 is installed, but the release date cannot be correct…07.02.2024

What is wrong worh the date?
MM/DD/YYYY is a common formst in the US

1 Like

I’m just wondering why the release of the 551.46 hotfix is set to 02/28/2023, but the hotfix is dated 02/07/2024

grafik

I’m just wondering why the release of the 551.46 hotfix is set to 02/28/2023, but the hotfix is dated 02/07/2024

On my Geforce Experience, the driver version is stated correctly, but the release date can’t be right…

Hotfix Driver 551.46 is getting some pretty positive reviews on Nvidia Forums

2 Likes

Is this 551.46 hotfix driver an optional download? If I press the “Check For Updates” button in the GeForce Experience app, it says I already have the latest driver (551.23, 1/24/2024).

2 Likes

Yes it is an optional download.
The link can be found here. Nvidia Hotfix 551.46

2 Likes

Yep mate :wink:

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of Hotfix drivers. Since I’m not currently having any significant issues with 551.23 I’ll just stick with that for now and wait for the next Nvidia game ready driver.

Question, as this hotfix is specific for Vsync? What do you all have your Vsynch set to in the Sim: On, Adaptive, Adaptive (Half Fresh), Fast and for VR is there a preferred setting?

1 Like

Based on that YT vid I broke down and tried Hotfix 551.46. With PCVR I didn’t notice any differences in anything, including stutters (which for me are not really all that bad unless I add crazy amounts of Yaw). Ran the same for me as 551.23. No worse so I guess I’ll stick with it for now.

1 Like

With Hotfix 551.46 my FPS was not as good and I crash with The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error: The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

Going back to 551.23

I didn’t find that to be the case. Did you DDU in safe mode?

Did you deleted your cache files?

-Click start and type
%localappdata%\D3DSCache
Press Enter
Delete all folders

-Click start and type
%localappdata%\Nvidia\dxcache
Press enter
Delete all files

-Click start and type
%localappdata%\Nvidia\GLCache
Press enter
Delete all folders

-Click start and type
%appdata%\NVIDIA\ComputeCache
Press enter
Delete all folders

-Click start and type
%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes
Press enter
Delete all files

-Restart PC.

2 Likes

Those cache folders are not used anymore since several driver releases, it is now in another folder called PerDriverVersion or something like that. Otherwise good advice, I always delete shaders after a driver update

1 Like

many thanks…absolutely great… :+1: :ok_hand: