Nvidia VRSS- Useful for us simmers?

I saw a post about this on FB somewhere this morning, and it grabbed my attention. I’ve never even heard of VRSS (though it sounds a lot like DLSS which I’m sure all of us have at least heard of) before now, and so I’m looking to get some feedback from our community about it- Is it real, is it useful, those sort of questions.

Or, if you have your own questions, throw those out there, too!

And… GO!!!

(5) 8X Graphics with the same Performance?! Nvidia VRSS - YouTube

I have never noticed this in my Nvidia CP. I’m on 457.3 drivers and I see it there at the bottom of the list.

I’ll give it a try. Have you tried it?

[edit-1]

Gosh darn it. When I clicked on my CP MSFS profile, VRSS becomes greyed out and says “Not supported for this application”.

I wonder if I turn it on in global settings if it will still work in MSFS.

[edit-2]

Didn’t notice a difference. I don’t think this works for MSFS, but I’m no expert.

I think we need to look at a mirror and whisper CptLucky three times and he will appear and offer words of wisdom on this.

@CptLucky8 @CptLucky8 @CptLucky8 … (Hopefully he won’t put any of that shrink powder on my head… And just by saying that, I may in fact be dating myself.)

Looks promising but, as already mentioned, appears to be disabled in the current iteration of FS2020. Hopefully Asobo puts this in as part of VR improvements in the next sim update.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I agree with what you said 100%.

I also LOVE your user ID (or whatever this board calls it), it’s not only clever, but it requires a bit of knowledge about the topics this board discusses on a daily to even understand what it means. Well done!

I also wonder how many people are going to read this message and think to themselves, “What’s this moron KevyKev from Tampa mumbling about this time???”

1 Like

The one still believing in genius in bottles? :rofl:

@CptLucky8, hey now, vodka comes an bottles, and it makes you smarter, so there you go. Another myth smashed.

:100:

1 Like

Hello. I just wanted to point out that VRSS only works when the app supports it. So it needs to be implemented on an app to app basis and as far as I know it’s only been implemented a very few select times. I have my doubts it will get the same attention as DLSS very soon. Also, you should realize that it will probably never happen for FS as it makes the objects in periphery down right ugly, so the distant landscape in FS would probably be a horrible blurry mess with it. This was the original list of supported games:

Battlewake

Boneworks

Eternity Warriors VR

Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

In Death

Job Simulator

Killing Floor: Incursion

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files

Lone Echo

Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising

Pavlov VR

Raw Data

Rec Room

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

Robo Recall

Sairento VR

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope

Skeet: VR Target Shooting

Space Pirate Trainer

Special Force VR: Infinity War

Spiderman: Far from Home

Spiderman: Homecoming – Virtual Reality Experience

Talos Principle VR

The Soulkeeper VR

I hardly tried few months ago when I received my RTX3070 to see what it does in Lone echo and Robo Recall. Honestly I didn’t catch any difference, but I play those games between 150 to 200% supersampling so possibly it will be visible at lower SS. So far I didn’t see tons of advises from Nvidia for this technology so not sure they push it to devs to implement it…

Yes, but not just. You might want to follow the link a few posts above yours:
Nvidia VRSS- Useful for us simmers? - #5 by CptLucky8

@CodeLoran69
They are in my opinion not pushing much because it requires a forward renderer and it might just be not what most VR games are using nowadays.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.