NVidia's GEForce Experience degrades graphics performance

I use an RTX2060 8GB video memory and 32 GB cache memory.

My CPU doesnt have an internal GPU, so maybe it took off quite a load in the connection between them.

My sim already was very very good really. I use to lock frames at 50%, having Vsync and Gsync enabled on my 165 hrtz monitor.

Since recently I use HDR again, and without Geforce Experience I get the afformentioned gains and very good image quality.

But… by all means, don’t believe me or copy my setup into it. Just try for yourself and see what it does. I ignored these kinds of internet prophecies for a very long time because I didn’t really believe it either.

And to your edit: I used the Geforce Filters because it was pretty blurry on my monitor in MSFS. So I always figured I couldn’t do without. Now, disabling them, the blur is gone so there is no need for 'm. Seems like GeFor caused the blurs itself as it then fixed them with tidious finetuning.

But overall. Honestly. I’m not selling you a product. I just wish I had taken this advice before myself. See what it does for you and convince yourself (or not). I don’t have to. I have no agenda here.

no , thats independend :)… ( I disabled the internal GPU )

I assume that was the reason. Some of the filters eat 50% performance ( but not the sharpen filter ). What users in that topic report is, that GFE cause bad performance with nothing enabled and therefore I wondered about your fps-lose. Why the image was blurry in your case, I don’t know.

And dont understand my post wrong, it was not meant in a bad way. I’am just intressted why you lost ~50% performance and I have nothing against that users not install GFE if they not need the features of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh but I only used the sharpening filter and even kept it at default setting. So Ignore Film Grain at 15% I think and sharpening at 50%

I tried some additional colour/brightness before but I never got it to make MSFS look better so I figured I wouldn’t need it.

Besides, Nvidia lost the profile settings quite often and then you need to recalibrate again and again. Only using sharpening at default was enough for me.

I had the same issue with older versions of ReShade, but the current Version 5.3.0 works just fine, even with DX12 on SU10 Beta.

This final light preset is all you need: FinalLight Reshade preset : Realistic colors and tone fixes for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

You need to pay attention during the shader install, as it relies on adding these shaders: GitHub - Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders: A collection of post-processing shaders written for ReShade that I contribute to.

It’s a subtle removal of the greenish MSFS screen tint, but noticeable, and better. It’s all you need.
Note you do need to add a Lut texture it relies on to the reshade/textures directory.
You don’t want to overload on the post-processing as they also can add latency. Keep it simple.

I can’t post links, but if you google “geforce clean version” you’ll get a link to a guru3d forum with stripped down drivers. They’re always updated promptly when Nvidia releases new versions. I’ve been using for 6 months or so and have been happy so far. Might be worth a try.

This subject is discussed here in this Nvidia thread along with how to slim your own drivers easily…

Thanks. Optimsation was turned off, but I still find that simply having GE installed has a marked impact on performance, enough to to stop me using the simulator. Uninstalling GE resolves the problem. I don’t see a benefit from having GE installed, so I’d rather carry on without it.

2 Likes

I can confirm removing GeForce Experience has improved frame rates and also the overall look of the sim is better. It was definitely doing something in the background, even though I had not let it optimize the sim.

2 Likes

I agree with you I did the same thing yesterday and noticed a big difference.

I think I’m facing the same issue - lagging performance and miserable quality. I’m in. I will be removing GE. I have not seen the benefits of such software while running msfs 2020 in any way…

I have always found the color grading in MSFS be horrible, not worthy of realistic. Colors are uneven, blotch, over saturated, and “mushy”, not crisp at all. Asobo has done a lot of work improvising the performance but the color rendering is the same as on day 1. The only satisfactory solution is using the filters in GeoForce. The filters fix the color rendition making the world come alive. Aircraft interiors are sharp and defined without any fuzzy artifacts. The FPS “penalty” is between 1 and 0 FPS.

Also, I create videos using the video capture software in GeoForce. It is the only video capture software I have found that doesn’t have overhead, probably because the software runs in the GPU, not the CPU.

1 Like