NXi Screens Go Blank in Flights that Transition Daylight to Darkness - REPRODUCIBLE

So the work around is, setting the time to daylight, hitting the menu button on the G1000 PFD. Then set the PFD and MFD Display to Manual instead of Auto. Then you can set the time to live or whatever you like.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I experienced this again. I captured a video that may help you?

On right side in Baron/Bonanza (And other planes?) dial Display Brightness UP. Now you can see the displays and then change the Brightness from Auto to Manual.

1 Like

Not sure that’s the same defect. My experience is both screens go blank during either dusk or sunrise situations.

It is the same but
 You can use that brightness control and get the screen back on so you can then see/use the Menu options to change it to manual brightness.

This is not a fix. Just a handy helper.

The brightness level at which the screen goes blank is also relative with this dial setting. If it is turned up, the Blank Screen value (percentage) is higher. Turned down, the Blank Screen value is lower.

Strange, though. I was in San Antonio, flying to Phoenix, the sun was about 2 hours above the horizon. I didn’t think I would experience a problem.

The brightness controls actually didn’t work in the 172 test bed to resolve it. It was completely out. The only options to get it back were the time change workaround or restart the flight.

That’s why certain Third Party devs have now started to hard code a brightness floor value > 20 percent where it’s not possible to dim the displays below that.

Noticed this phenomenon exactly as described by OP in SU14, in the updated SR22. Started a flight at night (roughly 22:00), black PFD and ND. Pressing ESC to the menu then all of a sudden shows them on/bright in the background

This is happening to me as well in the new SR22T. Able to work around it by either changing back to daytime or disabling auto-brightness and increasing manual brightness. Will this be getting fixed
??

Yes

I am experiencing this same bug in the SR22T (latest MSFS update). Daytime the panels are fine. At night, panels go dark/blank. I did adjust the panel display brightness at first but after a certain amount of darkness the panels stay black.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Bonanza G36

Brief description of the issue:

G1000 Screens go black when changing time to night.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

This was also in VR, but not sure if that matters.
Start a flight in real-time at night
Change to day time
Go back to real-time - G1000 Screens go black
Go back to day time - G1000 Screens turn back on

PC specs and peripheral set up:

RTX4090 Ryzen 7950X3D

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Cirrus SR22T

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

The instrument screens are fine during daytime flight. If at night, and with the instrument panel light all the way up, the panels of the G1000 stay black and can’t be read. If I pop them out at night time (Right ALT + left mouse click), the instrument panels are displayed correctly at night in a separate window. They will not work at night on the G1000

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the Cirrus SR22T for a flight, make sure it’s night time. Try to turn on the panels of the G1000 with full instrument light adjustment.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template: