NZ Mountain textures messed up after WU15

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes - all mods disabled.

Brief description of the issue:

Since applying the mandatory update WU XV that my beautiful mountains in NZ have turned to porridge.

Here are some sample shots, taken near NZMF (Milford Sound):

I’ve tried with and without the additional Nordics update - as well as uninstalling New Zealand WU XII … all to no avail.

Rolling cache cleared … no difference.

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

NZMF

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After the mandatory WU15 update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Some times it helps if you delete the usercfg.opt in the local cache packages folder.
Before you delete make a backup first or rename the file with 1 or a, etcetera in front of the name.
When this is done and you startup the sim as you would do normally, it should create a new usercfg.opt with default setting file and see if problem is still there.
If fixed than you can try to rename it back or reference to your old settings but close the sim before you do or do it in the sim ui general graphic settings.

Thanks - I’ll give that a go - but I think it may be a red herring. My current theory is that new textures that relate to mountainous areas in Scandinavia (ie. Nordic) have somehow got mis-applied globally.

You can be right but i think we would have seen much more people having issue with this.
That is why i think it is more related to corruption in some file, and to start with usercfg.opt is the easiest, the second option for me would be delete the nordic update and the nordic and greenland world update and redownload them close the sim in between and before flying after install.
I mean New Zealand update

Let us know if the recommendation provided by PHSepp796 fixed your issue ?.
It is a good practice that if you have the rolling cache enabled in your MSFS settings to delete it after each WU or SU update.

Edit: just saw your comment that you did the test with your rolling cache cleared, so not the issue here.

2 Likes

Just for the record, WU’s are not mandatory.
Sim Updates are, World Updates are not!

Many thanks for all your suggestions! I did the usercfg.opt thing and reinstalled the three suggested WUs: Nordics, Oceania/Antarctica and Nordics/Greenland. Still no joy.

BUT Another NZ simmer on the ORBX forums discovered that the culprit is NZA’s Milford Sound. I’d forgotten that I had that installed in the Community folder by default - whereas all my other addons are handled by Addons Linker - which I had been using to temporarily disable all scenery addons.

So … BINGO (!!) … it looks like the latest MSFS update tripped something up with NZA’s [excellent] Milford Sound (it was working fine up until then) - so I’ll lodge a ticket with them.

Thanks again to all that helped :slight_smile:

EDIT: NZA say there’ll be a fix soon-ish - when they release their NZNS (Nelson) update …

4 Likes

Has there been a fix in the meantime? Im thinking about getting this scenery on sale.

No fix that I’m aware of … BUT … the NZMF scenery is absolutely stunning in every other respect - go treat yourself!

1 Like

Hello,

We have an update coming which we have rebuilt a lot of coastline and cliff models as well as retextured the mountains with something a bit more suiting to New Zealand’s alpine mountain landscape.
Once we put this through beta testing and packaging we will release it as an update.

4 Likes

Stunning images! Any idea when the update might be released - or did I miss it?

We’re having to go back through QA as a lot has changed over the massive area to squash a few bugs. We are also doing another cut of performance testing and more prep for xbox.

Many thanks for the update - best of luck!