OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

I think they changed the way temperature is encoded in Live Weather. The beta is compatible with the new system but the original SU7 is not.

Thank you. I appreciate your quick response!

This has been answered numerous times now. There is no OAT bug in the beta.

The fact that anyone can download the beta, suggests that it is already available to the wider community.

1 Like

For Steam users, all they should need to do is change the Beta setting back to None in the Steam client and it should put them back on the release version

Flew from LLBG to LICR today at FL430, no issues. I’m with the beta.

Re-Installed MSFS today to get rid of the Beta.
When testing Alt vs Temp, I now see no discontinuities, so may all the issues were fixed server side, and it was never something that got resolved in the beta ?

msfs-12-17-21

However, the new REX weather is a disaster in this respect !! but no doubt they are working on it …

rex=12-17-2021

I guess it’s USABLE up to FL300 !! despite the small jump at around FL80

The bug now seems intermittent though. I mean it was happening at 1000ft (that’s FL010) the other morning right after take off. Yet it was fine yesterday. Your plots can’t hope to reflect intermittent changes/randomly changing behaviour. They did when it was a problem that only happened at FL260.

Would be nice if they would give out some official infos if this is a server or client side issue.
However had a spike the day before yesterday and im not on beta (about +20° on FL360.)

Just a guess but perhaps they are tinkering with the live servers to modify the weather in the beta. They probably wouldn’t want to admit that, but it seems kind of coincidental that there are suddenly these issues randomly happening at the same time that the beta is being tweaked weather wise, coupled with the complete official silence on the issue.

If you think about it, it has to be a server issue because the bug was wandering down from initially ~FL460 to airliner levels before they released the beta.

This screen shot was from 14 Dec 2021 at 07:30GMT/UT at just 1000 Feet, losing engine control just after takeoff at EHAM. No sign of OAT bug for me over last few days since this happened. I’d say almost certainly it has to be live weather server side since nothing has changed locally.

Flew 4 hours today from Hamburg EDDH to Cairo HECA @ FL380 with no issues. Do not have the beta.

Flying along at FL 450 in the Citation Longitude, and all of the sudden the OAT is 258 degrees Celsius. Turbines melt and the flight is immediately over.

Not the first time this has happened.

Earlier today, I was flying a 777 at FL 360 when ATC became a one-way conversation. Controller’s voices disappeared. So did text in the ATC box. No way to know barometric pressure. Only solutions are to restart, or rely on copilot to reply to ATC.

Both instances ruined planned long flights today. This game is not reliable.

pc
MS Store version
Alienware Aurora, RTX 2080 Super
Gigabit speed

Happened to me today. FL 430, trying to reach FL 450 in the Citation Longitude. All of the sudden OAT is 258 C. Turbines seize and my flight is over.

This issue has obviously not been resolved.

1 Like

Are you using the beta? The problem is fixed there. I have not seen temperature spikes anywhere in almost three weeks of daily flying.

In regular (non-beta) SU7 the problem still exists

2 Likes

Still happening. Climbing through FL430 in the CJ4, ISA DEV is +271C.

3 Likes

But such a Great way to De-Ice your plane. !!

My understanding, is that this has been fixed in the current Beta, so Hopefully should be in the next SU … I am running the Beta, and no longer see this Temperature spike at any altitude.

Just did another test 1/5/22 ( beta) after weather reset at start of 2022

Looks “Text Book” to me *apart from a little “turn around” at @ FL400

oat-alt-1-5-2022

1 Like

First flight since 07DEC21, just reached FL390 after departure from EDDL and everything went as expected.

No high temp bug after I installed the mandatory update an hour ago.

2 Likes

This item was delivered in a Sim Update 7 hotfix (1.21.18.0).