OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

Hmm, that doesn’t sound at all like them though…oh wait

1 Like

Speaking of bugs…
The bug that disturbs me most is one on this forum. It seems that only some can see all the posts, because we have to keep repeating the same thing over and over.

1 Like

I saw that post, and it’s just a guess by you because you’re also left to assume what Asobo is doing (just like we all are quite frankly), since there’s been no communication. That’s the point I’m making, a little communication goes a long way. I also feel like I’m repeating the same thing over and over again for some reason. It’s also not like I’m the only one saying that Asobo is bad at communicating.

That’s the Asobo way though, we’ll be left in the dark. Maybe it’ll get fixed, maybe it won’t.

1 Like

I am still having a hard time understanding why everyone keeps referring to Asobo in this thread. It is a fact that MeteoBlue provides the Live Weather data. Asobo stated yesterday that they are aware that there are issues with the last update and that they are working toward a solution. The single greatest complaint with this update has been the Live Weather implementation. It would stand to reason that they have asked Meteo Blue to look into the live data being streamed from their servers. The fact that this new temperature bug has appeared today would logically indicate that data is being manipulated.

Yes, I am making an assumption. That assumption is based on some given facts…

• There is a Live Weather bug that has dominated the forum.
  • Asobo has communicated they have been monitoring the forum and are working on the bugs of concern.
  • Live Weather data is provided by Meteo Blue.
  • Live Weather data has changed since the Asobo communication.

Is it unreasonable to assume, based on those facts, that the initial communication indicated a desire to get the Live Weather working as intended and Meteo Blue has been working to achieve that but cannot indicate how long that may take?

I am over Pacific Ocean, between Midway Island and Hawaii at FL310 and just had OAT skyrocket to 250C.

The forum system is indeed weird. On the phone I‘m often traded with some posts, answer to one of them and after that I suddenly see a whole bunch of posts that came later but long (!) before my post.

2 Likes

I agree :+1:. Its not Asobo fault, easy to point fingers and blame.

From my little understanding, I knew it was a server isssue, because it only happened today. Yesterday flying FL380 ft no issues, today CRJ was a mess , with no update.(my passengers were not happy) company reputation went down. Was impressed with my piloting skills as a Simmer.

However someone should own up with this mistake.

If I owned a company and my supplier was not providing the service you paid for, you finish the contract. Its like internet providers, if they dont provide the service, you end the contract and change.

So who’s fault is it? Genuine question 🤷

because it should not really happen when people are upset they have been grounded. Not saying its unflyable there are work arounds, but thats not the point.

Not saying I was grounded due to the issue, I flew GA after realising the issue…but the server issues are a constant nuisance, and we cant keep making excuses…its upsetting a lot of customers, that feel neglected.

Yet Asobo were very quick to react to cheaters on Reno races and updated that very quickly.

Someone asked why, the reply was “they are paying customers”…that left a bitter taste in my mouth.

3 Likes

"I am still having a hard time understanding why everyone keeps referring to Asobo in this thread."

Because even though the live weather comes from Meteoblue, they are the ones implementing that information into their software.

"There is a Live Weather bug that has dominated the forum."

Yes there is, mainly it’s been the haze is overpowering, or the clouds are too low to the ground.

"Asobo has communicated they have been monitoring the forum and are working on the bugs of concern."

Not about this particular bug they haven’t, their communication about that was on December 1st. This bug was reported today.

"The fact that this new temperature bug has appeared today would logically indicate that data is being manipulated."

Then couldn’t Asobo communicate that this bug is the result of said manipulation? You said it yourself, you’re making assumptions, like we all are, but that’s the problem. We shouldn’t have to be left to make assumptions. Communication would clear up a lot of those assumptions.

Even a simple “Hey, we realize there’s a bug with temperatures at 25k feet or above, it’s a result of us trying to improve live weather, we’re working on it.”. It’s not difficult, and it doesn’t really matter who’s at fault, just own up to it.

Edit: Also I’m not sure why the quoting system doesn’t work properly, it shows correctly in the preview, so edited so it doesn’t quote everything.

4 Likes

Yep, I have that same issue. That and the quoting system likes to quote everything, even though I chose only to quote certain lines and it shows up correct in the preview.

1 Like

I departed from LGAV and just arrived to LSZH. An adventurous flight after i experienced the same issue when the A32NX (Swiss Jed livery)aircraft tried to climb above 25.000 ft over Greece. I decided to decrease altitude to 24.000ft and i managed to arrive safely in Switzerland. Yesterday i had the same route at 35.000ft with no problem but today was another day…

Meteoblue provide the data to Microsoft
Microsoft manipulate the data and provide it to the sim. I can assure you we aren’t getting live weather from Meteoblue, and that’s a fact. They wouldn’t have the capacity to stream live data to thousands of PC’s globally. So now you all know it isn’t Asobo directly, or Meteoblue at all.
However I will say there needs to be some sort of service status page set up for issues like this that support can at least acknowledge.

3 Likes

THIS. It’s not a huge ask.

1 Like

So this is false? The partnership is just smoke?

No, meteoblue do provide the data… to Microsoft, not directly to your Sim. The data in your sim comes via Microsoft who manipulate it for consumption in the sim. Meteoblue send data to Microsoft. Microsoft format that data and send it to your computer or Xbox. I know this for a fact.

6 Likes

huh, now i know, why i had engine fail in corsair, first time i flight the bird

The data MS is pulling from Meteoblue is not live. They run the forecast a few times a day, I believe for the next 24 hour period and they produce a numerical data set that can be used for weather forecasters or in our case MS using it to inject forecasted real world weather into the sim. I wouldn’t think they would continuously pull MB data 24/7. They probably just pull it twice a day then use it for for next 12 hour forecast period.

It’s just getting embarrassing now.

No-one is suggesting the data is continuously updated.
It is the “LIVE WEATHER” setting where the bugs live.
That is why we have discussing “live” weather.

It took Microsobo 2 weeks to address any of the issues since SU7 at all. The clouds at ground level in my opinion should have gotten a hotfix. Microsobo could set fire purposefully to their server farm supplying us with data and some people around here would say oh, they are doing all they can. Cut them some slack. Why are people so hard on these guys.

Most people can have a decent amount of patience. Microsobo seem to be making the same mistakes or breaking specific parts of the sim over and over again. They are supposed to be professionals. They don’t seem professional to me and they certainly don’t have much respect for their customers.

2 Likes

This is what I am disputing. MB do no stream live data to MS. They aren’t even streaming live weather data period. It’s a numerical statistical model. MS probably pull the data 2X a day. Maybe 4…maybe 1. But they aren’t streaming it from MB. That’s the point I was trying to make.

Now it’s anyone’s guess as to where this new problem has arisen from. Very well could be errant data in the forecast data. Could be Asobo or MS working overtime to get some fixes in. I have no idea.