OBS not available

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

when I start a flight with any aircraft that has a VOR, I get the message in the Garmin saying OBS not available, and in the instrument itself, I rotate the course selector, it has no use.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

just start a normal flight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I
have the yoke and quadrants and rudder pedals installed but never had any issue. Also i tried running the game without them and this issue continues to appear

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

As soon I updated the game but had not been updated since January 23

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

It looks from your screenshots that you’re tuned to a LOC/ILS frequency. OBS mode doesn’t work when tuned to a LOC/ILS freq. Try it with a valid VOR/VORTAC frequency and see if works for you then.
Regards

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Sorry, my rookie mistake…I had the ILS (not the VOR) tunned so obviously the radial was not working correctly when not aligned and in range. As for the OBS, I don’t know what causes the issue but it does not affect my fight

1 Like

For an ILS or LOC signal, tuning the OBS will never have any effect, even if you’re aligned and within range of the facility. That’s one major difference between VOR/VORTAC signals, and a LOC signal.
Regards

1 Like

Be careful with the terminology here. There is a GPS OBS mode which has nothing to do with VOR’s.

2 Likes

Absolutely a Great Point! I was too locked into just talking about VOR OBS mode.
Regards