OBSOLETE: Develop HTML gauges with live sim data

FYI: Mods asked me yesterday to move all topics into the “third party” section. It seems I was depending on the SDK category for clarity around this being a developer tool.

I’ll take the time to help you all through using the tool, but your expectations need to be lowered if you aren’t a developer that understands what this is so far. This isn’t yet a tool to trivially run your cockpit in Chrome, and you’ll need to invest some work in getting it set up for your environment. If your goal is to debug or build gauges this may be rewarding, if not, this could be frustrating for you.

THank you. That did it. I can now display the screens in a browser. This is definitely going to need more work to get working in a cockpit, but this is a good start for sure. Thank you for this.

1 Like

Good news, I’ve got a plan for how to wire up what’s left. The plan is to use a scenery db in the browser (a lot like LNP’s sqlite db) for fs9gps functionality, paired with the existing sim-to-ext data link over lvars to push Coherent.call requests and Coherent.on callbacks.

I think I’ve now seen how every part of this fits together. fs9gps must be a synchronous component for certain activities, some others could be async, but having the full component will enable running without the sim at all, which is also a benefit.

This is going to take some time but overall this is good news, this should cover all the features except for synthetic vision, and the map background. However the map background should be an exercise in finding the right service with good topo maps that look nice. Synthetic vision could only(?) be done by parsing the game files and creating a 3d scene remotely. Maybe a neat project for later but I think most could live without this feature entirely.

2 Likes

This mod more than doubled my productivity! Many thanks for all the help man!!!

1 Like

Everyone who hasn’t seen @evanburnsdev’s Lockheed-Martin F-22 Raptor should check it out!

1 Like

Sim update 1.13.16.0 has a modified common.js in fs-base-ui. This is the only changed file it looks like, so updating base files may not be needed but the version of common.js thats gets used when loading in Chrome will need an update from me.

1 Like

Great work @davux3 ! It works perfect for me except for the B787 for some reason. I found that if I switch planes with the HTML panels already open I can trick them into working for the B787 but panels aren’t quite what they are supposed to be. (B747 works fine btw)

Do you have any idea why this would be occurring? I thought it might be a conflict from having the B787-XE in my community folder but even after I move it out I still get the same output. The “Bridge ops/sec” get up to 30ish and continue to change but no Gauges show up below.

1 Like

I believe the 787 has their panel.cfg as other configs in an fsarchive file because it’s encrypted deluxe content.

You can probably work around this with a fake panel.cfg though. A good feature would be “alternate panel.cfg” which you are currently accomplishing by switching aircraft.

Edit: I have asobo-aircraft-b787-10\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_B787_10\panel\PANEL.CFG. This should work and I’m not sure why it doesn’t.

Ok, the 787 has a cockpit.cfg and a panel\panel.cfg but no aircraft.cfg. This is a problem because I only know how to map the title to the panel through this file. There is probably some other way, but I’ll add a feature where you can override the current aircraft panel.cfg with any panel.cfg, which makes this work.

New version is available.

Key feature is the ability to select any panel.cfg using FileSet override panel.cfg

Cavets:

• cockpit.cfg must exist in the parent folder of panel.cfg.
  • panel.xml is not updated in the VFS, so panel.xml will be stale.

Additional features:

• More clarity in logging
  • Indication of panel.cfg load failure
  • InGameRelay updated with variables from 787/747/A320 testing
  • Bridge updated to a max of 200 L: vars.
  • VCockpit10+ were lost before. Now up to 19 VCockpit entries.
4 Likes

Thanks for pushing this forward, more useful with every update!

1 Like

I haven’t forgot about this…
1.13.17 update may have broken something. I get a lot of CTDs with the InGameRelay. But I also get CTDs with trying to use Airbus panels in another aircraft. Not everyone seeing all this.

Tool works but needs an update.

Hi Davux3.

Are you still working on this? I just found it, and tried to install it (version 1.0.6), but it didn’t work for me.
When I start the BridgeClient.exe, it says “Connected” behind SimConnect at the top, and three html-options at the bottom (I just fly the Cessna 172 G1000).
The PFD, the MFD and the HourMeter.

However, when I click on one of them, the SimConnect status changes to “Connecting…” and the browser starts, but it doesn’t show anything. And the status never changes from “Connecting…”.

The Log-file says:
SIMCONNECT: Failed while talking to sim: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

Any idea what this means, and why it doesn’t work?

Thanks in advance.

\ Martin

I’ve discontinued the tool due to lack of interest.

Ohh, I’m sorry to hear that.
I finally thought I had found a solution for my Cessna 172 G1000 home cockpit, that would allow me to run the screens for my G1000 units without having to pop-out and move/resize the screens from within the sim.

I guess I just have to keep searching.

Take care.

I just came across this thread. I always thought since one of the dev update streams that they talked about gauges just being web browsers, Why they could not be run externally.

Hopefully this project or something similar gets up and running again.

FBW have started their own:

1 Like

Sweet, thanks, ill check it out.

Is there any documentation for the non dev to use it?

At the moment, no. Right now the project is aimed at aircraft developers and therefore it requires hooking into the aircraft’s build pipeline.

In the future, we will however make it easier to use and perhaps support running gauges already built for the simulator.