October 26th, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

5 Likes

Still nothing on the next ATR update

I’m so sad that i’m gonna avenge myself on some cookies

3 Likes

Anyone else logged in and found accessibility settings all got reset? Peripheral settings are all reset? What is going on?!?!!?

I’m liking the expected ATC changes in SU14 (and hopefully the first beta release)!
Any chance you can expand on the information about the new Cirrus turbo? The information appears to be cut off in the feedback snapshot.
Thanks.
P.S. Also looking forward to the atmospheric lighting, improved TIN, and snow conditions.

1 Like

And endless punishing barrage of mscenery, enhanced night lights, and liveries by the same 2 or three ‘developers’ takes up half the MP every, single, week.

At least the MU finally materializes.

17 Likes

… beta … ATC …

you had me at ATC :smiley:

1 Like

Yep. Marketplace is not at all what we had hoped it would become.

9 Likes

What’s new……

Pretty embarrassing that mscenery are still sneaking their crud out every week to catch out new simmers, tainting what should be a welcome into an amazing world of flying, only to find out the sad truth

19 Likes

The roadmap is clearly out of date… well at least the backlog is slowly improving.

2 Likes

How long can they keep sending out the same dross on MP. Gets to the point you can’t even be bothered to look on a Thurs/Fri

13 Likes

I’m excited for the MU-2 to come out next week!!

1 Like

The Wii section of the local GameStop circa 2009?

ATC step altitude clearance improvement is finally coming. I’ve been annoyed by that since FSX. Wondering what else is cooking for the ATC…

4 Likes

Some parts of this game, sim, whatever anyone chooses to call it reminds me of the zx spectrum /Sega masterdrve etc days… Are people really falling for the stuff on the marketplace? I mean some is good, 95% isn’t… I got a great flight with the lvfr a330, 10 miles from touchdown… Acts like jet set willy…

1 Like

But one thing that should ALWAYS be in the ATC menu, is the ability to contact ATC (unless your radio fails !! )

One of the most frustrating things with the current ATC, is that it can get into a state where you can do NOTHING, including start communications with ATC.

4 Likes

I also don’t see the existance of these addons per se problematic. We just need less advertisments here and better filtering options in the marketplace.

People should be smart enough to not buy things on day 1 just based on the marketplace description.

6 Likes

Second vote for better filtering options. I don’t care that there are flashlight mods and other rather impertinent (IMO) mods available, but I’d like to have more categories and filtering options so I can choose to see what I wish instead of having to scroll through the stuff that doesn’t interest me.

5 Likes

By now we really don’t need the roadmap anymore. Every single release date is inaccurate.

7 Likes

The two I really care about are:

• Enhanced API to access all aircraft states. (Planned for 2024.) This will be huge for home cockpit builders.
  • Allow keybinds for all G1000 soft keys, knobs… (Not Planned.) Very disappointing, particularly if you’ve been hoping to be able to map them to something like a Stream Deck XL with a Knobster.

Also, why in the world do we have to pay for enhanced airport lighting? Seems to me this should be part of World Updates. Better mountains, better roads, better airports. I’m not talking about giving us terminals with coffeeshops where we can order a cappuccino. I’m talking about more realistic airport lighting.

4 Likes