October 5 windows 11

i found info is 5/10 we will may to officially upgrade to windows 11, so question is, will the msfs supported from october 5, or whenever it’s arrive to us as official upgrade?

I’m already on Windows 11 as a member of the Insider, and looks nothing is wrong so far with Xbox 4PC or MSFS 2020…

3 Likes

actually i pretty sure win11 will better, but question is only about official support with it from asobo/microsoft

1 Like

Ask yourelf this. Do you really think Microsoft won’t officially support their flagship game on their flagship operating system?

9 Likes

i does, now i ask ms/asobo guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was running window 11 with no problems with MSFS. Reverted back to Windows 10 after doing a clean OS install. Going to wait until 10/5 to go back. As I said no problems running MSFS, just waiting for the stable version of Win11 before going all in.

1 Like

Asobo have nothing to do with it. This is Microsoft Flight Simulator, not Asobo Flight Simulator. Microsoft will support it. Well, as well as they support it now. Take that as you will.

And even if it was an Asobo product with nothing to do with MS, not supporting Windows 11 would be the business equivalent of putting the business end of a double barreled 12-gauge in their mouth and pulling the trigger.

2 Likes

Could it mean we’ll finally get DX12 on the sim?!?!?!?!?

Do they not support their flagship Force Feedback Joystick though… And some of their most experienced 3rd party vendors who have contributed to making it a franchise worth using (and probably therefore worth rebooting in 2020) even after closing the ACE Studios? :smiling_imp:

As long as it CTD when you pull the trigger or when you load the barrel, or the bullets have been optimized to fly faster but their effective distance is reduced in the latest update… :rofl:

Nevertheless back on the topic, although there is no reason they don’t support, it is a legitimate question worth an official answer in the FAQ in my opinion.

2 Likes

yeah yeah, i thinking same, but don’t sure, so asking it, i sure it will supported, just don’t sure from the first day, and this is asobo’s game, ms there only platform:) so if net programmers from asobo will not support win11 from 5/10, it’s will work i sure better, but will stay not supported, any way i think you are right about windows 11, and i think same, but as mention don’t sure so asking

Many of us are already running Windows11 perfectly fine.

1 Like

I don’t doubt for a second win 11 better for any games include msfs, just question about formal support from first official update day

btw. i even don’t sure they support mine version :slight_smile: 21h1

1 Like

No one said they were good at long term commitments. lol

And no one said they always made smart decisions either! THe questionable choices made around this iteration of the franchise are short-sighted at best, and downright stupid at worst.

But MSFS has CTD’s on the X-Box , which would tend to go to show that its just not W10 / W11, or different Video cards etc … Its a basic Flaw in the COMMON MSFS Code.

And you can’t blame the COMMUNITY FOLDER for X-Box Crashes :scream:

2 Likes

The white knights blame that on faulty Xboxes. Or Internet connection.

Remember, that Win 11 is not a drastic change and MSFS ‘should’ work. While some things will look different as they try to “Mac-ify” the look of Windows 11 - at its core it is the same OS with a new number that could easily been a Windows 10, H2 update. And yes, some older hardware will not allow it to install the OS .

As with anything Microsoft, a bug(s) is/are possible, be it a Windows update or Windows 11. May need an update or two post release to iron out the critters.

2 Likes

i don’t talk about ctd much, it’s too mysterious thing, days without ctd, then ctd every 40 minutes, then again stable, this is simple curious question about official support

Yep.

FPS test // Windows 10 vs Windows 11

Lower = better

Windows 10

Windows 11

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/any-issues-windows-11-preview-msfs-2020-w-july-27-performance-update/430103/38

3 Likes

Its already supported i have been usin WIN 11 since June 2021…the sim runs flawlessly…game mode actually works also in WIN 11