October 5th, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

SBSP, the most awaited airport in Brazil and which will come with the entire city of SĂŁo Paulo was sent and approved more than 3 weeks ago and has not yet appeared on the Marketplace

Meanwhile, my eyes bleed every Thursday when I see these developers whose names I prefer not to even mention.

23 Likes

I wish I could give you more hearts. How is the backlog so bad. This is the forth instance I’ve heard of 3+ weeks waiting for release on the MP. Yet we see night enhancements. And night enhancements. Oh forgot to mention night enhancements.

22 Likes

So what was the last modern military aircraft released on Marketplace for Xbox except the Hawk. I can’t remember. Microsoft has quit… releasing 3rd party planes on marketplace in 2023. Marketplace 2023 is closed!

3 Likes

We need the CJ Simulations Rafale, KwikFlight Spirit, Miltech Supercarrier and French Airbase Pack, new Deimos aircraft, Azurpoly Bronco, C-130whatever…

Good night (enhancement) market place !

5 Likes

JustFlight, September 1st : “Also a quick note to advise that the F28 has now been submitted to MS for inclusion on the Marketplace, both for PC and Xbox. So out of our control to a point but that should mean it becomes available on the MP in the not too distant future.”

SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!

PMDG update for 737’s was submitted in AUGUST.

What is going on, MS/Asobo/whoever?

15 Likes

We definitely need a Liveries category added to the Marketplace - can’t see the planes for the liveries at this point.

And possibly a whole section on Night Enhancements, just so we never have to look at these again. The “developer” of these must just be running an automated tool against every city in the world and flooding the Marketplace ingestion system.

17 Likes

I am an Xbox Flight Summer.

I’ve been waiting to purchase the Just Flight F28 Professional since it launched on PC in July. As well as the submitted updates to BAE146 and PMDG738 I purchased a few months ago.

I was also hoping that the Black Square TBM850 would be released shortly - until Black Square indicated that they can’t get approved as marketplace authorised developers due to the recent block announced by Jorg.

Unlike PC owners I don’t have any other option to purchase than the Marketplace.

6 Likes

Suggestion: for the items “under investigation”, add the number of weeks this item has been under investigation (and increment every week).

This prompted by e.g. life-time bug #24 (green roads) that I think has been on the list for years. I don’t believe someone has been spending time on this for years and not come up with an answer. It could be that it is too difficult to solve but then report it like that. Now “under investigation” seems to mean “We heard you, but we don’t care”. Adding # weeks under investigation makes clear at some point that someone needs to take a decision instead of leaving it floating in no-man’s land.

6 Likes

Black Sqauare TBM850 will be on Xbox? Are you sure? I didn’t think they did Xbox

From the TBM 850 thread

"I ask Nick from Black Square regarding XBOX/Marketplace.

It is intented to bring the Addons to the Marketplace, but the application process seems to be halted by Microsoft"

3 Likes

They can’t handle it so they stop doing it. Brilliant solution I would say. Next step - just halt them servers and go home /s

2 Likes

Maybe the staff that normally do the curation of addons being added to the Marketplace have been diverted on to other tasks.

“…Jörg from Microsoft indeed mentioned something about a temporary stop for the marketplace developer evaluation proces in the last Dev Stream.”

If this is true- MS really should be embarrassed… Developers like DreamScenery and MScenery have flooded the marketplace with junk and DreamScenery continues to get things approved into the marketplace on a weekly basis, but higher quality developers now can’t even get in because of this block? This is a really bad look and shows they’re not focused on quality > quantity…

I understand the team might be overwhelmed, but if that’s the case then the short-term solution should be to take any and all resources away from some of these developers that have flooded the marketplace since the game launched and move them to prioritize getting more high quality aircraft in the marketplace… Afterall, this is FLIGHT sim- prioritize high quality aircraft.

14 Likes

Here’s the actual quote from Jorg during the livestream…

Basically they borrowed people from different teams, until it was all under control and now those people have returned to their usual work. And the result is that the backlog is growing again.

Is there anybody here sounding surprised?

5 Likes

Can never have too many night enhancements. Can’t wait for the $5000 megapack

7 Likes

Remaining Asobo employees still processing marketplace submissions: CaptainSim and Dreamscenery :smiley:

Or maybe just a few “loyal” fans.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get what the long-term plan is if all the hype about clearing the marketplace backlog came down to just a temporary reduction in the queue. Very strange and disappointing.

3 Likes

So basically anyone that wants to fly a plane with no virtual cockpit over a city at night is going to be a happy bunny? :wink:

I’m leaning heavily towards prioritising plane releases rather than the low hanging fruit of yet another enhancement pack. I realise one is probably less work than the other, but if it’s being treated purely as a numbers game, to keep the backlog down, then the ones that do the least work are always going to get theirs pushed through first.

6 Likes