Oculus Quest 1 + Link + Steam VR gives weird effect

When I use my Quest 1 with Oculus Link and the Steam version of OpenXR I get a weird effect in the cockpit. when I turn my head it looks like if the image rotates or stretches. It almost looks as if the image is more like 2D rather than 3D. It’s hard to describe and I can’t make useful screenshots of it.

When I use link and the Oculus OpenXR or use Virtual Desktop with the Steam version of OpenXR I don’t have any issue.

I run FS2020 on a RTX3080, Ryzen 5600x and an Oculus Quest 1.

Does anyone had this same issue or does anyone know how I can solve this?

Thanks.

I know and I did already, but I want to use the Steam version as it gives some more flexibility. Also I have seen people using it in combination with the Quest 2. So I find it strange that I get issues with the Quest 1 and want to know why that is.

As far as I’m aware, anyone using the wired Link cable with Quest 2 and running the SteamVR OpenXR runtime is having this same issue. There are a lot of people for whom MSFS is their first experience in VR and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they don’t have enough VR experience yet to know what is ‘normal’ and what isn’t.

If you use Virtual Desktop instead of Link, which requires you to use the SteamVR runtime, the issue isn’t present, as I mentioned in my post above ^^^

Yeah, I know. So I’ll stick with that. At least it gives me a much more stable fps output than Link.