Oculus Quest 2 - Flickering black rectangle and jumpiness

This will fix the persistent stutter in Quest 2. Make sure to restart the app after you change the setting. Also it won’t fix graphics settings that are too demanding – it just fixes the frame sync bug that is affecting Oculus Link/Quest. PSA: Fix Found for Oculus Link/Quest Frame Sync Stutters and ASW Issues

1 Like

PSA: Fix Found for Oculus Link/Quest Frame Sync Stutters and ASW Issues You don’t need to disable ASW if you do this.

1 Like

No, that didn’t work for me (and yes, I clicked Apply too :). So I’ll keep setting ASW disabled till some working solution found. Guess it works for some configurations, but not with my (RTX 3080, Quest 2).

Odd. It’s worked on every system I’ve tested so far. Did you restart the sim after the change? And you’re using the Oculus openXR runtime, not the steamVR one?

Yes to both. Tested it again few times, even restarted pc - no result. So for a time being will stay with disabled ASW.

Updating Oculus SW worked for me! Txs!

I am suffering from the same “hot air” effect. Have tried all the various settings and workarounds, but the effect is still there. I am using a RTX3080 with an i9 processor, so I would have thought my system should be producing better results- settings are set to medium/low. Changing settings makes no difference to the hot air shimmer.

Yeah, tried everything and only ASW off does help, but I think that it also causes slight FPS loss too. I hhave around 25-30 mostly.

By “black stencil”, are you referring to the thing that looks like an old tv screen bezel? I’d post a screenshot but I don’t see a way to do that. Took my first VR flight this afternoon over DC and other than this distraction, it went fairly smooth.

This is my first post to the forum. Happy to be here. I have an Alienware Aurora 11, specifically bought for MS2020. So far, so good.

1 Like

Regarding the hot air effect, try updating to Nvidia game ready driver 461.09 (or later).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.