Oculus quest 2 graphical horizontal brightness line pink

Paulie, im running at 72hz and getting the issue.

Are you saying that you turned 120hz mode off on the quest 2? and run at a lower res on the link i.e 90,80 or 72?

I was getting the white semi-opaque letterboxing on Quest 1 and 2 if the link encoder resolution (not bitrate) was set too high. I havenā€™t used an oculus with link in while, maybe pink is the new white? :slight_smile:

I get this it seems when overstretching the link bandwidth somehow: too high res (OTT 1.7x for example) or bitrate too high. What works best now is latest drivers, no over/underclocking, basically leaving everything to standard as much as possible. 120hz 1.3x. But ASW always off. Not using OTT or ODT at all anymore.

So, v34 came out for the PC oculus app, but no luck in solving the issue. still happening :frowning:

Guys, i was having exact issues for very long time in some games, especially in ACC racing and Elite Dangerous. Recently i switched lights off while playing Elite Dangerous because i was using Hotas and tracking is not problem in dark. Guess what? Annoying line was not showing up at all when i play in dark. I donā€™t know why but somehow it disappears. Just make sure switch lights off before white/pink line appears. Hope it helps

I also found you can stall the white line appearing too much if you you leave ASW on and when it starts to appear you quickly move the camera around so that the screen tears like crazy and it will make it go away.

Its a mix of lower frames, darkness in the cockpit. Small aircraft, i rarely have the problem, but if i jump in the A32NX for example at a major airport, at sunset or night its all but garunteed to happen.

Had that issue 7 months ago and still get it if I use the link cable. As soon as I went to Air Link, it all vanished and everything became much more stable and smoother.
Iā€™m using the G2 now and itā€™s a very simple solid direct connect. No more depending on FB, their various methods of connecting and all the games and promos they blast you with, all built into the Oculus headsets.

Had this white strip today, iā€™m with 300mb frame rate, 72Hz, low res (1x), Encode 3648 , so no demanding a lot to the headset (strip appears after a few minutes, white then pink after a while) . with all game i have tried (MSFS, Lone Echo II and also in oculus home env.

strip gone by disabling the option to be on public test channel in Beta tab. After disabling, the oculus software has download an update and everything was ok after.

1 Like

U guys found a Solution?

Unfortunately no. as you can see from my post a year a go at least the same open Oculus ticket continues to be un-solved in almost 80 pages at 700+ replies.

I thought i may have cracked it only last week, thinking that the variable in all cases was potentially the Genuine Oculus cable. I swapped out for a non-genuine USB C and did not have the issue occur for a little while but unfortunately it did come back with the White stripe along the bottom

I could almost put up with it, if there was a quick way to reset it, but as you know you have to completely disconnect from oculus back to quest home for it to go away.

By the time we ever get a fix, the new quest will be out.

Hi,

I get the line, often only in one eye (but sometimes both). I use cable.

But interestingly for me, it only seems to happen in demanding scenery, like Orbx LOWW Vienna, Cologne, or Orbx Chicago. And only when my Oculus resolution is set too high and MSFS texture resolution is set on high or Ultra.

If I lower the Oculus resolution slightly, and change MSFS texture resolution to medium, I donā€™t get the line.

In my situation, I think my VRAM was possibly tanking due to it maxing out.

But, funnily enough, I also happened to be fiddling around with my IPD settings on the Quest 2 at the same time and noticed that if I flicked the IPD setting to a different value, then changed it back, most of the time it got rid of the line.

Which then makes me question my VRAM argument. I must admit, I havenā€™t gone back to try the experiment on all 3 IPD settings. I might look into that a bit more. I usually run on IPD 2, 63mm.

Cheers,

Thanks Delta, I like this little work around. I will give it a go

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.