Oculus Quest 2 + RTX 2080Duke Help needed

Hello everyone,

I came to the same page as most of us are which is the stability issues with the VR mode in MSFS 2020.

I’ve tried almost everything from the guides that a lot of you invested time to make and thank you very much for that, but I believe that I need an extra hand or tip to make my life easier.

My wife got me as a gift the Oculus Quest 2 with the Belking USB 3.0 cable in order to make it work in MSFS2020. I’ve done all the steps got everything ready and when I am into the sim the FPS are really a big issue.

I’ve tried the guides for 2080 to have ultra graphics inside the game with res 1.3 and/or 1.7 but the bump is that they are stuck at 25-27 after many hours of trial and error. The biggest issue is that sometimes it gets glitchy and inside the VR i am seeing the Loading and I lose the image.

So, I would like to know your suggestions about Drivers, setup, settings to have a decent image & be playable if possible.
ps. To other games like SteamVR, the games are buttery smooth and have more than 60FPS so… i think that I will lose my mind with that.

My gaming setup is:
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
RTX2080 Duke 8GB OC edition
Oculus Quest 2

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I have a similar setup than you and i get decent performance using Virtual Desktop. I don’t use the link anymore for MSFS, too jerky, stuttery…
Virtual Desktop settings on HIGH, 110mbs stream, SteamVR oculus runtimes, good to go.
And I keep my PC settings the same as VR in game. I even put my PC settings to a similar res than my Quest 2 which is around 4K.
My thinking around this is if the game loads with 1080p settings, is it loading textures and assets for 1080p ? It gives me the feeling that the loading part is loading relevant data for 4K rendering which is my Quest 2’s resolution. But I could be wrong :wink: hehe

1 Like

So what you referred to is just to completely ignore the Oculus link runtime and go straight for virtual desktop?

I will give it a try and thank you very much for the tip. Do you use the cable connection or you are with Wifi?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.