Oculus Quest 2 Setup Guide?

Hi,

For sure, there’s quite a bit of information out there like you say, I think it ultimately depends on the specs of your PC. I found this video from Pie in the Sky Tours on youtube to be a great starting point.

Ultimately, I settled on the following config (I have i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, and Quest 2):

• Link cable
  • 80Hz at 1.1 resolution in Oculus (i.e., 4224 x 2128)
  • In-game resolution set at 100, most settings on high.
  • I also use the Oculus Tray Tool. Default Super Sampling at 1.0, and Mirror FOV at 0.83 & 0.83

This last setting, FOV limitation, was initially a non-starter for me. However, it definitely makes a huge improvement to performance. If you think about the maths, rendering at 1 x 1 resolution = 1.0, or 100%. Shrinking the FOV to say, 0.8 x 0.8 = 0.64, or 64%. That’s a 36% improvement. I also discovered I actually prefer to use the glasses spacer with my Quest 2, even though I don’t wear glasses. I find I just seem to get better eye relief. Anyway, turns out that having a smaller FOV isn’t an issue because I can’t see any difference when using the spacer.

I get great graphics, audio, and performance with this setup. I only fly in VR and I love it.
My MSFS is also the Steam version, however, I use the Oculus VR platform, not Steam.

Cheers,

3 Likes