Oculus Quest 2 Setup Guide?

Sounds like you’re making some progress so that’s good.
Yes, I have link sharpening enabled when I use the cable. It also works well with AirLink.

RE: Virtual Desktop - just confirming that you’re using the version from the Quest 2 app store? If you are, you should be able to adjust the graphics settings. As a quick guide - after you enable the desktop streamer service, launch the VD app from within the Quest 2 headset itself. Once it opens you should see the main menu appear, with tabs on the left-hand side for items such as - Computer, Environments, Games, Input, Settings etc. Under the Streaming tab there are options to change the resolution (e.g. medium or high; and corresponding examples of the type of graphics card you might be using with each setting). There is also an option to change bitrate and whether you want to enable space warp etc. You can also adjust the gamma in their too which may help to reduce the world brightness when in VR. Once you’re happy, start the game via your desktop icon, and plan your flight. You can then load SteamVR, and activate the VR session.

RE: NIS - you’re in luck. A great contributor to the MSFS community recently built a version of this tool that is compatible with VR. I’ve used it before with my Quest 2. Whilst I don’t use it currently, only because I’m happy with the results I’m achieving without it, many people are achieving great results with it and it is also useful for people who may be looking for additional optimisations. Here’s the link to the NIS thread, the software download instructions should be listed at the top of the page.

Cheers,