Oculus Quest 2 with MSFS2020

Folks, I just want to say THANK YOU ALL!!! Without your tremdous help, I’d still be sitting here trying to figure this thing out. It is Working!!!

I’m holding at 91fps so I can’t complain for a wireless VR headset, however I did order the cable and I’m going to use it. Graphics was brought down a bit, without tweaking, so I’d rather have some nice high quality graphics (mind you mine was very nice) but I know a direct cable will be 10x better.

Again, thanks for making my first VR experience a real treat. I really enjoyed sitting in the cockpit like the real thing.

Cheers,

1 Like

Glad you figured it out! Enjoy!

I don’t have that installed on my computer and my Quest 2 works fine with FS 2020. Isn’t the “Windows Mixed Reality” software for headsets OTHER than the Quest 2?

Where were you getting stuck at ?

Actually I’m not sure, MSFS uses OpenXR so I guessed it had to be installed, no matter which headset you’re using.
But maybe not after all :slight_smile:

EDIT: You’re right, I uninstalled it and it still working fine.

1 Like

Just purchased the Quest 2 as well. I’m guessing that some buttons have to be configured for VR (looking in MSFS settings in VR). Suggestions?

Currently I have the Oculus software ‘beta’ running 27.0.0.45.507 (27.0.0.45.507). I also purchased Virtual desktop and the following cable…Amazon.com

I take it SteamVR does not need to be installed if running the Oculus software?

Very much down to what works best for you and your setup. I’ve got the VR on/off , recenter, toolbar and instrument focus view buttons mapped to the light switches on my Honeycomb yoke as I’ve also got the Logitech switch panel to activate them.

I mapped the same to my Thrustmaster Airbus sidestick.

Probably the important thing here is to map the functions to something you can easily access

Hi all,
I’m almost there. mfs + occulus quest 2, I can clearly see in vr in the headset but command level the controllers are not taken into account in the game, and playing keyboard + mouse is impossible with the headset in place … a solution?

Hi @CoinBooch81599.

There is no VR controller support, you still need to fly using a joystick, keyboard and mouse.

It is possible to use the keyboard and mouse in VR, it just takes practice and learning muscle memory.

1 Like

I can’t even get the app installed and activated. I have a facebook account. What the heck is going on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.