Oculus Rift S - Super happy! Hope it helps someone!

Ok new here and a advocate of the KISS principal (keep it simple stupid) .I have been a simmer since fs2000 and had my share of tweaking over the years so now i just want to fly and enjoy what im seeing. My rig consist of a i9 cpu and a gtx1080ti fed by 36 gigs of 2660 ram all running at stock oc speed. It is easy to get lost listening to all the suggestions about doing this and that if you do not keep track of every move you make to get thing right for you. I fly with a oculus rift S and my OS and Flight sim are on separate mdot2 drives. FS2020 is demanding on my gpu and as temp rises gpu performance decreases as a king of self protection. First thing first get MSI AFTERBURNER or the likes and pum pup your fans to keep temp cool. In NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL set power management to prefer max performance and texture filtering to Hight performance. These former things are basic but often forgotten. To avoid problems with all oculus headsets and FS2020 in the oculus page go to setting ,beta and join the beta gang. Restart your oculus and that alone should get your head set working without any problems. Download oculus tray tool software ,nothing else. Learn how it works and what it does . Now the big secret to success : start with the lowest settings in both FS2020 and oculus tray tool and one by one start to push numbers to a higher setting keeping track of what you did previously. Now that you have an acceptable image and before anymore tinkering STOP,dont look at the fps meter just fly the dam thing. If for some reason you would get the urge to fiddle your settings ,print your settup page as a base line to go back when you get in deep sh… The following link is all the info you need to understand how moving a single slider or going from medium to high can ruin a perfect running sim.VR Bang-For-Buck Performance Guide

3 Likes