Oculus Rift S - Super happy! Hope it helps someone!

I posted this on Youtube!
Just know that Youtube applies an extra compression. The experience is actually better.
Here is a link to the .MKV directly from OBS:
https://we.tl/t-irJ6wNiLcd

Does anyone here have Rift s and rtx2070 (not super) i78700k OC at 5.2 GHz NVMe2. Will the experience be better than Quest 2?

The reason is that I got Quest 2 and since 2 weeks no good result so I ordered the Rift S yesterday hoping it would be better but reading this forum I realised I might have made another big mistake.

I want to use it primarily fot MSFS and XPlane 11. Do I cancel eturn the Rift S order or keep it?

I own G2 but from what I read here, ppl are absolutely happy with their Q2 performance and visual quality so I’m affraid you must be doing something wrong.I wouldnt expect the Rift S to be any better than Quest. Give yourself another two weeks, read the forum carefully, look for the answers and you’ll get there eventually:)

In your case, I would cancel and return the Rift-S.

Or keep the Rift S if you want a plug and play experience :wink:

I own “only” an Oculus CV1 and I’m really happy with it as I can get the most of it with my hardware (i7 10700K Oc and RTX3070 OC, 32GB), playing at 45fps ASW ON nearly everywhere with the good plane (some are fps eater, some not).

I have the money to invest in a new headset but currently nothing satisfy me in the market. The G2 with its huge resolution will take my PC down, and it’s WMR which I avoided so far even if some have good experience with it. It’s center spots seems not that good. The Quest 2 is far from plug and play and the number of steps I read around to hope having a good experience PCVR don’t enjoy me, and my IPD is 67 so I’ll have to deal with black bars on left and right.
If I had to choose one I’ll chose right now a Rift S. Good improvement from the CV1 without been too much, my hardware can handle it and it will be easy to configure and use. So it depends if you’re ready to go down in the rabbit hole or not. Or wait like me if some future headset will come to simplify all that.

Thanks for your contribution. I considered Radeks40 advice and cancelled my rift order. I have decided to continue tweaking my Quest 2. So far I have been able to do some IFR flights with the jets, a320 and B787. There are here and there stutters but I still enjoy the flights. Now that I have tested VR, I want more so I’ll have to plan for one with a much better FOV.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.