Oculus Touch cockpit interaction still not working

I’m using the Oculus Touch controllers with Oculus Quest 2, and have never been able to interact with the cockpit since that feature was added. I can control the yoke and, as of the last update, can interact with the toolbar, but nothing else. Controls will highlight when I’m close to them (or point at them in raycast mode), but that’s it.

I’ve seen others were able to fix this problem by changing Cockpit Interaction System from Legacy to Lock, but mine was already set to that from the start, and doesn’t work in either mode.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem! Is there really no solution?

What airplane do you use? I know third party ones doesn’t work much. I’m thinking they need some ekstra data that planes made without touch in mind doesn’t have.

Just default airplanes, I haven’t bought any others. I’ve tried multiple, so it doesn’t appear to be airplane-specific…unless the default ones are already known not to all support VR, and I’ve been unlucky enough to only have tested those that don’t.

The only ones I can remember trying for sure are the Icon A5 and the new Volocopter. I know there were others, but off the top of my head I couldn’t tell you which.

I have tried many standard aircraft!
The yoke control stick works, but buttons and knobs do not work!

This appears to be fixed in SU8.

I’ve got the same problem. Everything works except “grabbing” knobs, dials, throttle etc.
All menus etc work.
No vibration when attempting to grab throttle etc however they do turn blue as if I could grab them.

Oculus Quest 2
Cockpit interaction= Lock
Tried both DX11 and DX12

Anyone have any suggestions?

I’m having this problem now as VR-newbie. Is there any way to get this working or are most of you VR folks just using a physical throttle/hotas setup with your headset?

As of Nov 2022 I have tested most all of the default and expanded package planes (I didn’t test the airliners. no personal interest). They all seem to work with VR motion controllers except for the following:

Beechcraft Baron G58 - Cannot interact with throttle.
Cessna Citation Longitude - Cannot interact with anything but the yoke.
JMB VL-3 - Cannot interact with anything but the yoke.
Pilatus PC-6/B2-H7 Turbo Porter G950 - Cannot interact with stick/yoke.
Pitts Special S1S - Could not disengage whatever parking brake is on by default.

The rest of the planes have cockpits that seem to be fully compatible and flyable solely using VR motion controllers.