Oculus Update Warning

Sound to me more on Oculus side as it don’t appear for me right after UK update, but right after the Oculus Beta update. Saying that, it could be something inaccurately coded on MSFS side showing this issue obviously, who knows…

Good luck with that. If exchange is unattainable and you really want to get rid of the problem, buy a USB PCIe card (Amazon.com) and plug your rift S usb into it. This setup worked for me until I built a new PC where the PCIe slot is next to GPU and affects ventilation of GPU. So I was forced to ask for an exchange.

1 Like

I’m having an issue with Oculus CV1, it was working fine when I first installed MSFS 2020 but then I reinstalled Windows 10 to clean out a bunch of junk I never used and to organize my drives better. I reinstalled some sims that I run along with MSFS 2020, upon running the program I had to install the UK updates… I have nothing in my community folders so I didn’t think there would be a problem however upon starting the program it kept crashing with various errors regarding memory, figuring it was an issue with my hard drive being down to 48 gb of space I deleted the program and reinstalled on my larger drive… still no luck with VR though. It recognizes I have VR because it gives me the option to launch via the keyboard shortcuts yet will not launch, I deleted Oculus figuring that maybe it needs to be on the same drive as MSFS 2020 so I reinstalled on the same drive however still no luck, I double checked the Open XR direction and made the fix needed in the Registry, I updated windows, I updated Oculus via Beta I have researched and researched looking for an answer but all the advice I come up with I have double and triple checked to make sure everything is in order, not to mention that every time I start MSFS 2020 i get the setup graphics, controls , and user interface screen before it launches, it runs fine without the VR however It worked with VR prior to the update and prior to the reinstall. I hope someone has an answer to this mysterious issue I am having… worked great prior to the UK install and the crashing thereafter.
One other thing as well, another issue is that when it launches it launches split between my 4th and upper monitor and my middle monitor of my lower three… I constantly have to adjust it into the middle main monitor and yes I checked the Nvidia control panel to make sure the center one is set as primary

Feb. 20th, mandatory uodate from Oculus(today) and the flashes I had are all gone! Yippee, at least till the next update screws everything up again.

@DualKinkajou18 can you provide us the version number. 26.xx etc.

What headset are you running. Cv1, S or quest

I have the CV1, all was fine until the UK update then everything started crashing… after reinstall crashing stopped and the sim worked fine but Oculus failed to launch… as if I never pressed a key … ctrl+tab nothing happens, go into options and attempt a launch from there and nothing… tried to launch after getting into a plane and still nothing… not to mention I have to constantly redo the accessibility settings every time I launch the sim which apparently many are having that issue … very annoying… sim version number is 1.13.16.0, Oculus version I’ll find out after a restart I just reinstalled it again. Just and FYI yes I made sure to double check the openXR registry

Update Oculus version # is 25.0

Also I have four screens… the typical triple setup with a fourth above the triples for streaming, can someone explain why when I launch the sim now it launches split between my middle and fourth monitor and I constantly have to drag it down and resize the window lol… none of this happened on my initial install three months ago haha

ok, so there is no further update as suggested by the user above. it is still in fact 26.0.0.39.502. for the public test channel version

Do not down load past current general release version at this stage.

have you added the 4th screen recently?

I have 3 and have to disable one if i need to use the virtual desktop type functions in Dash, so I am wondering if there might also be a limit of 3 screens to be able to use the Rift itself??

Yeah that will also be my advice, even for testing purpose to remove all monitors but your main one, and to be sure it’s plugged also on your GPU card (and not on your case output). I know Oculus had trouble when you use a mix of output from GPU and from the case (MB).

Well I would have thought that however when I first installed MSFS back in August i had no issues with the monitors and no I have had the fourth monitor for quite some time and it always loaded on my center screen before the reinstall, then i left home for six months to take care of my mom battling stage 4 cancer until January after the VR update came out which i was looking forward to. When I updated in January everything worked flawless, the sim, VR all loaded just fine, i’d use the key bindings ctrl + tab and VR would load up, use it again to go back to desktop… easy peasy… none of my issues started until i updated to the UK version after I had to reinstall windows… i went into the log file last night and noticed a whole host of errors one in which stated it failed to launch Vulcan. So i reverted my Nvidia driver back one update to see if that helped but nope still not working. I will post a couple of the errors when i get back to my PC here in an hour or less.

Update on error codes : below is where it all started and there are lots of these App errors

AppErrorLog1613461108

API 0.64.32.155
DRV 115.74.0.0
VEN 0x10de
DEV 0x1f02 “GeForce RTX 2070”
Vulkan verify failure (-1000011001) at line 387 of software\apps\clay-2019-06\code\render\src\vulkan\texturevulkan.cpp
Vulkan verify failure (-1000011001) at line 388 of software\apps\clay-2019-06\code\render\src\vulkan\texturevulkan.cpp

Then there is the other odd one listed as dash but is to long to post, forum rules only 3000 character post

Also this Error is in there as well

API 0.64.32.155
DRV 115.74.0.0
VEN 0x10de
DEV 0x1f02 “GeForce RTX 2070”
Shutdown: requestExit: -4
Shutdown: End of Supplemental Error Log.

I linked to the folder with all the errors just click here

Same here… Quest 2 had no issues with the uk update… wanted even now to fly a bit …quest 2 came up with a update and now there are these white flashes that everytime resets my mouse and also the sound scratches. its not flyable…whats about this &/%$&§%§%"$&

Update: Ok feeling really frustrated I deleted the whole sim again, went through both hard drives to ensure the sim had been properly uninstalled. Reinstalled the sim and low and behold the VR is working again, must have been a dirty install the last time is all I can figure… however I have not installed all the premium content and UK update… kinda scared to lol… but at this point its up and working, still have all the content in content manager to install which will be another couple of hours of waiting. Cross your fingers.

I have however got the flashing everyone is complaining about… can’t remember the fix fir it but I’ll worry about that after the complete sim is installed. Thanks for all the suggestions at what to look at.

1 Like

Just make sure that you’ve opted out of the Oculus public test, which will re-install the stable version, in place of the beta version that is causing the increased flashing.

Also having this issue with my Quest 2, was fine (infact, I’d finally got it GREAT) since the UK update, and now it’s totally unplayable, flashing every couple of seconds. I was trying to figure out if it was some software or extension I was using, but eventually noticed that oculus updated 2 days ago on it’s own, some searching brought me here. Brill.

Oh, and this does happen for me on the homescreen/world map/etc, as well as in flight.

To be clear on the issue I’m having, since no one else has quite described it this way … it’s actually not just a white flash, although it kinda appears so, when it flashes (and it seems to be literally for a single frame every few seconds, sporadically), I thought I could actually see some other image in the flash. It’s really hard to make out since it’s so fast, but it seems that it’s actually shifting the UI from above where I’m looking at, and rendering it on front of me.

To try and make that clearer, 2 examples: on the home screen, just stare down, wait for a flash, and I see the snapshot of the homescreen/menu appear in front of my eyes, completely outside of the flight sim ‘window’. Similarly when in flight, stare at the rudder pedals, and when it flashes, I can see sky and even the ATC menu.

If someone else can confirm, that’d be great. Because I suspect what these ‘white flashes’ are, are when you’re in the cockpit, you’re getting the bright sky rendered over the instruments, and the ceiling of the plane rendered where the sky was, hence it’s looks like a bright flash.

Tomorrow I’ll try turning off Beta mode in the Oculus app, to see if that helps, and failing that, reinstalling. But I suspect (since the installer is relatively small, and it always downloads the actual software from inside the installer), you probably always get the latest version :-/

unselecting the beta will effectively cause the beta version to be overwritten by the latest stable version, so auto updating shouldn’t be an issue just yet.

it will dramatically reduce the frequency of the flashes.

1 Like

I forget now why I ever had the beta turned on … was it required to get the Quest working in MSFS2020? If so, is that no longer needed?

1 Like

Update: After a complete reinstall for the third time in two days the sim is updated with the UK world update, rolled the Oculus VR software back off the Beta and running a normal stable version the sim is flying almost flawless, I say almost because I need another 16 gigs of ram to make it almost perfect on high settings, runs excellent on medium settings which is where I have it now. Thanks to this group for shouting out some of the fix ideas. Making me like this sim a whole lot more now :grin:

Oh one thing I forgot to mention the settings issue still exists, everytime i startup the sim I have to go through the accessibilty settings again, I’m sure a hotfix is coming fir that soon.

1 Like