Odd G1000 behaviour with Air Manager displays

I want to switch to the C208B for a while and need to set up new AirManager displays on my two touch panels.

I have the G1000’s shown and set as PFD & MFD respectively but when I press the buttons on the MFD they operate the menus on the PFD

Is this a bug, I’ve set dual G1000’s before as I fly mostly the CJ4 which uses a different setup.

There are some different G1000 overlay instruments but they should all have a user property that needs setting to PFD or MFD.

1 Like

Its working now, thanks.

A full shutdown/reboot cured it and the buttons are as expected.

The only issue I see now is that the G1000 overlays are missing the “NAV” swap frequency buttons !

Not something I can fix I think.

Never seen one with them missing. What overlays are you using?

The G1000 MFD/PFD ones

I got that. I meant from what dev, there are some different ones and just as with sim aircraft there can be some features in one that are not in another. All the ones I’m aware of though have frequency swap buttons.

Ah, its the one built into AirManager under the Generic tab.

There are at least 2 different ones there if I’m not mistaken. Which one specifically?

Its the G1000 PFD/MFD not the Nxi variant

That one got changed recently so perhaps they messed up with some aspects of the updated implementation. The old used to work fine in this regard. I use my own G1000 in the Caravan and other aircraft so never really noticed this.

I’ve switched to the NXi variant of the G1000 panels, all buttons are correct and present and seems to function ok.