[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Guided Japan Tour

Well due to the CTD of simtom they had to wait for him to rejoin the group which took time.

But I also mentioned last time to keep the flight plan short and rather plan in one or to gathering points and touch&go.
I know it’s hard to plan, but just allow for some more spare time and in case we’re early, we still can circle around etc.

But @SeedyL3205 was such a great guide, I enjoyed watching nevertheless!

2 Likes

Hey man,

My apologies that you had a bad experience. As you probably noticed, I had two CTD’s and I made an impromptu landing challenge. We’ll change the length of the flight plans in the future to prevent us from having to slew.

Still, thanks for joining!

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for joining!

4 Likes

With all due respect, if Microsoft’s idea of a “Community Fly-In” is to post a 168nm flight plan, fly half of it, and then slew to the final waypoint for a “Community Screenshot” (after leaving at least half the group behind), well, let’s just say I’m going to have to adjust my expectations. Oh well, it was a nice group of people and it was fun for a bit.

The flight plan was entirely my choice and was not “Microsoft’s idea”. The only guidance I received from @Jummivana was to target for about 1.5 hours of flying time, and I performed multiple practice runs of this flight before the stream. All of my practice flights came in at almost exactly 90 minutes. Unfortunately, I could not anticipate some of the technical issues we encountered today which slowed down the group’s progress.

And respectfully, sir, we did not fly half of the flight plan and then slew the rest. We completed approximately 85% of the flight plan normally, and slewing only shaved off maybe 10 minutes or so.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I apologize for my misconception. I took the event as Microsoft’s, “Official MSFS Forum”, holding an [OFFICIAL] event.

I apologize for my other misconception. So half the people were left behind to shave off 10 minutes. Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

No need for sarcasm, noone owes you anything.
MS invites people from the community who create plans, do test flights, tell stories and show interesting landmarks, for FREE and you’re complaining in such an uncivilized manner. Maybe question your expectations first.

If you want them stop doing that - well this is exactly the way to go.

6 Likes

The flight had a schedule and a time limit, so people could expect a wrap-up at an expected time. There were issues and dropouts. Through most of the flight, everyone waited to make sure the group got to move as a unit.

The end of the flight they slewed a little bit between major waypoints (after all the fun stuff was already done) just to be able to finish at the promised time. If they hadn’t, some people might have had to leave early and not complete the flight. Slewing part of a boring section to get everyone to the end for the landing and photos seems pretty reasonable to me. It was probably the best tactic they could have used to keep the promised schedule without missing important sights or leaving other streamers behind.

I’m sorry you had a bad time, but they made a decision based on what they had for the good of the whole community. If they hadn’t slewed, someone else might be in here complaining ‘they went way over time and I had to miss the landings.’ You know?

So it’s all a free thing, for fun, and everyone goofs off and enjoys flying around together but the hosts were as professional as the circumstances allowed. Don’t be a baby.

I had a crazy good time. <3

4 Likes

It all depends what you are looking for I guess and If you give an open invitation for all sorts and abilities well its not going to be a very structured event.
all I can say is thank heavens you can mute individuals in the discord app :slight_smile:

The Hosts patience was admirable

It seems to me that community fly-in events shouldn’t have a hard-set finish time, only an estimated finish time.
Having many people from around the world participating in a community event in a currently buggy sim will of course generate issues and delays. Which is all the more reason to not have a hard-set finish time.

I did enjoy the event though, up until we needed to slew, at that point my sim crashed to desktop so I decided to go to bed instead. :slightly_smiling_face:

Follow the flight plan alone today. Would have been fun flying in group.