[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Guided Seattle Tour

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

This guided tour is brought to you by @Flyboy315622

When: Friday, 1900Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

09.10 FLIGHT DETAILS

We will start our flight in Washington State’s tulip field airport, Skagit County (KBVS), before moving east towards Arlington as we get closer to Western Washington’s population cities. Continuing on down south, we will overfly Harvey Field, (S36) where we will get an awesome view of Paine Field off our right wing.

As we near the Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, a quick jont over the lesser known farms of flowers on the west coast will be seen before be make our turn to head towards Bellevue and Seattle. As we enter Seattle you will be able to spot U.W., other wise known as the University of Washington.

Proceeding back east will give us views of the commercial district, Boeing Field, and Mt. Rainier before we head towards S36, an airport nestled in the trees with an offset approach followed by and overfly of Sea-Tac’s runways. On request of SimTom, a flyby of the Olympic mountain range will be seen before our landing in Bremerton.

PLANNING

We will be flying the steam gauge Cessna 172, so any Cessna or plane close to it would work well.

Starting airport is at KBVS . Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

WEATHER

We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server West Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided by the following link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1gHeFtwkARBa7Utb7JROmD8IV1AhIzjHT

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

9 Likes

Stuck on loading. Thank you for flying together :rofl:

1 Like

Oops, 8.78gb update to download on my ssd. Switched to my hdd 2 weeks ago. Forgot to update on the ssd.

Ah yes, CTD. Great stuff.

Tried installing a 1tb ssd. It wasn’t being seen by the bios.

I don’t see anybody - ■■■■ first time - I have the West Europe Server connected.
Can’t even find what voice Discord to use

OK deleted all in community folder and cache 40 GB and up and running!

CTD when flying with group randomly. Game was running just fine.

1 Like

Same. Was switching between twitch and MSFS and msfs crashed… will reload at KAWD

I’ve been unable to join for a while. I CTD on loading each time. I will keep trying. I loaded at the Dead sea for a bit and that worked I guess it’s the connections with other players?

I joining up on Pieter and it crash again :disappointed_relieved:

Close but no cigar. I can’t get the sim to load anywhere near Seattle now.

1 Like

Yeah, crashed twice. That’s it for me today, just frustrating…
Have fun, guys! See you next time.

First fly-in. Lotta fun flying with “The Swarm.” The Mass Landing at Bremerton (my brother’s home airport) was a real kick. Cheers! :smile:

2.5gb download to go!

Got there in the end! Awesome to fly with so many.

1 Like

It is truly nice to see that not everyone is plagued with the two major bugs going on since the 1.9.3.0 update… namely the Poltergeist bug and the Camera view to CTD bug…
I was pleased that I made it off the ground with everyone… and managed to maintain flight… all the while fighting my switches as the Poltergeist would randomly flip off different switches on the dash… then came the Camera zoom dissappearing… I knew it was only a matter of time… finally the sim froze and dumped me to desktop… It just confirmed to me that I will unfortunately not be able to do anything multiplayer till the next update or patch… Still an awesome sim guys and gals!!

RJ Franck

I had three crashes, and all three were that camera bug. The view freaks out, locks in place, then crashes. I think a lot of the group all got hit at exactly the same time. As someone on stream said, I hope one or two of the devs. were watching.

I’m right behind you in the Orange DA62 that looks like it’s flapping its wings… it was lots of fun to fly with everyone. I’ll be doing that again for certain… :slight_smile:

1 Like