[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: Guided Vietnam Tour

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Flight plans will be brought to you by @Pieter1982NL and your regular hosts will be @simtom2 and @Jummivana.

This guided tour is brought to you by @SeedyL3205

When: Friday, 2000Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

04.12 FLIGHT DETAILS

The group will take off from Noi Bai International Airport (VVNB), departing on a southerly heading toward Vietnam’s capital city, Hanoi. After touring the Hanoi area, we will turn southeast and fly along the Red River Delta, one of the most densely-populated agricultural areas on the planet. We will emerge in the Gulf of Tonkin and then fly along the coastline on a north-easterly heading before arriving at the majestic Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Finally, we will land at Cat Bi International Airport (VVCI) in the Hai Phong area.

PLANNING

Starting airport is at VVNB. Please load your aircraft 15 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

We will be using an XCub, but any GA plane with 110-120 kts cruise speed is acceptable.

A .PLN file is provided by the following link: Dec 4 Community Fly-In - Vietnam.pln (4.6 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the globe
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

12 Likes

Im hoping to join you today, it will be my first community flight. Do i need to set a time or will it somehow know we are all flying together? Thanks.

Just set your multiplayer setting to “All Players”, and your multiplayer server to North Europe (you can do this by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner of the flight setup page. If you forget to do this before starting a flight, you can do it from the Esc pause menu.)

1 Like

great thanks.

Here is a video I made while joining a group flight and testing my screen recorder.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’ll join the flight tonight but I’m also using Discord for the first time. From the MSFS Discord server, what do I have to do to join a voice channel ? I see none, only Important-info, server-rules, and faq. Am I missing something ?
Thx

Edit : also there is no “North Europe” server in MSFS ? It’s either West or Central Europe.

1 Like

Will also be joining - thanks for organizing.

How much fuel to bring?

me too, same problem.
I have it almost a month, no change. other groups are fine.

Hey guys I had the same issue for a long time.
somewhere in the channels you are allowed to access there is a link to a terms of use page. Once you go through that the rest of the channels will open up for you.

1 Like

in Important-info, scrool down under two links, you have a FS code, click it

1 Like

Unfortunately I couldn’t be there for the first half of the tour, but I still really enjoyed the rest of it. Many thanks to SeedyL, FactualGull and the hosts for yet another entertaining and informative tour!

3 Likes

Here are some more pics from the event.

2 Likes

Wow, I’m on here all of the time, how did I miss this?
Looks like you had a great time!