[OFFICIAL] Community Fly-in Event: New Zealand

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to those who would like to fly along with us and available for all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends.

Hosted by @Jummivana, @Pieter1982NL, @SeedyL3205, and Local Guide @zkdos!

When: Friday, 1900Z, for two hours.
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event.

FLIGHT DETAILS

It’s time to head back to New Zealand with our favorite IRL ATR pilot @zkdos! Enjoy this guided tour around the beautiful Marlborough Sounds at the top of New Zealand’s South Island, that visits two fantastic addon airports for MSFS. Set your departure time to sunrise, and add a high level of cloud for best results! More information: https://worldtour.flights/flightplans/324

Screenshot by @zkdos

We will be using the following add-ons, but of course this is optional:

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Cessna C172, Diamond DA40, Cub Crafter X Cub, JMB VL-3

We will be starting at NZWB on 24L or 24R. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the taxiway or parking.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server North Europe
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather High cloud layer for atmospheric visuals
Time of Day *Sunrise 0745m local

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

FLIGHT PLAN

A .PLN file is provided here:
Marlborough-Sounds-Dawn-Patrol-MSFS-stream.pln (7.4 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

1. Download the flight plan to a easy-to-remember location
  2. Open MSFS
  3. Go to the World Map
  4. Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
  5. Click “Load”
  6. Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
  7. Click load.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

6 Likes

A pleasure as always, thanks @Jummivana, @Pieter1982NL and @SeedyL3205 :clap:

5 Likes

Hi Great flight but alone… :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: i don’t understand i follow the flight plan but nobody do it.

Thanks for the screenies, zkdos. I enjoyed the flight, although I couldn’t manage to get onto the Discord server for the chat. But it was great flying with a bunch of other pilots, and the scenery was simply gorgeous.

2 Likes

Hi @Yofloruse, you need to go to your Flight Conditions screen prior to a multiplayer event and ensure that under Multiplayer, you have ‘All Players’ selected.

Under your profile photo at the top right hand corner of the main screen, you also will need to click that and ensure you are on the correct server. Most MSFS community events get held on the North Europe server.

Thanks for your answer.

Thee problem in this flight seems the pilot didn’t follow the flight plan was proposed or it was wrong.
In the biginning i see all other players but after take off they at the opposite direction of thee flight plan.

Sounds like you may have had a different flight plan loaded to everyone else? I was leading the group with the flight plan file uploaded to this thread and all other participants successfully followed along.

Hopefully you’ll have better luck next time, @SeedyL3205 usually starts the streams by explaining the process of loading the flight plan before we all head off :+1:

1 Like

Yes it’s strange. I download the flight plan from the thread. Yes i will look more precisly for the next time.

1 Like