[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: Cinco de Mayo

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Jummivana, @Pieter2427, @simtom2, and @JoeyBolo77

When: Friday, May 5 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2023-05-05T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

At the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, Mexican forces successfully defended the hilltop forts of Loreto and Guadalupe against the attacking French army during the Second French Intervention in Mexico. The anniversary of this battle is recognized annually in Pueblo, and the date, Cinco de Mayo, has also become a celebration of Mexican heritage in the United States and other countries. For this week’s Community Fly-In, we will be touring parts of Mexico: departing from Pueblo, flying over the capital of Mexico City, then making our way westbound towards Guadalajara/Zapopan for a full stop landing.

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file below:
2023-05-05 Mexico.PLN (3.0 KB)

We will be starting at MMPB. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Beechcraft Bonanza, Diamond DA62, Beechcraft Baron, or any plane of your choice that can maintain a cruise speed of around 170 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

5 Likes

Waypoints (not only) for XBOX pilots. See you in Mexico. Enjoy!
2023-05-05 Mexico.txt (1.2 KB)

2 Likes

Side note for after take off, being at 13,000ft should be ok

2 Likes

Thank you it seems to be a beautiful trip et Vive le Mexique :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a great flight for the PC-21…. :mountain_snow: :desert: :airplane: :small_airplane:

2 Likes

I’ve not yet tried the Black Square Bonanza, so will give that a go.

2 Likes

May be a little slow, but its a great plane… ugh now I don’t know what I want to fly…

2 Likes

Thank you for another Fly-In!

2 Likes

5 Likes

I didn’t take as much screenshots today

5 Likes

Thanks for another great community flight, from the “Jayne-on-a-scooter-plane” to when someone said “We have 4k+ viewers” and Seedy was like “Is it really 4k viewers or is something wrong?” :smiley: Turned out the stream was on Twitch front page, so hopefully we got some new people hooked!

Great scenery too, pleased I took the TBM so I had no problems climbing out after take-off!

4 Likes

Someone on the runway at the end had a good disco!

5 Likes

Had another great fly in-always so much fun! (EEEEE!)

Flying in the witch is always fun-but I think the best perk was the almost 5000 watchers. This I think will be great for you all :smile: (can’t believe that you were featured on the home page!)

Can’t wait for the next one!

6 Likes

Thank you for the flight and the pictures folks. It was fun and instructive. See you next time lolilol @@++ :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like