[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: France

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Pieter2427, @simtom2, and @SimFlightPro
When: Friday, May 19 @ 1800Z for two hours.
2023-05-19T18:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

Standards are an integral part of aviation safety, whether it’s using standard phraseology when communicating on the radio or adhering to international standards for air regulations.

On May 20, 1875, one of the most important standards was established. Representations from several nations met in Paris, France to sign the Treaty of the Metre, the convention that established metric units as the international standard for mass and length. Subsequent developments led to the creation of the SI system, international standards that govern all major weights and measures.

In recognition of this world-changing event, this week’s flight will depart from Paris-Le Bourget and fly over many famous Parisian landmarks such as Sacré-Cœur, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, and the home of the International Bureau of Weights and Measures in Saint-Cloud, France. :fr:

For auto racing fans, our flight will also include a flyover of the Circuite de la Sarthe, home of the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race, one-third of the Triple Crown of Motorsport. :racing_car:

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file below:
2023-05-19 France.PLN (5.0 KB)

We will be starting at LFPB. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: Robin Cap10, Diamond DA40, Cirrus SR22, or any plane of your choice that can maintain a cruise speed of around 130 knots.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

5 Likes

Waypoints & GPS (not only) for XBOX pilots. Enjoy!
2023-05-19 France.txt (2.1 KB)

1 Like

I’m guessing the USA wasn’t part of this negotiation :sweat_smile:

France should be fun though. Looking forward to it!

The 1875 conference was attended by the following nations (emphasis added):

Argentina, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Norway, Switzerland, Ottoman Empire, United States of America, and Venezuela.

3 Likes

As per usual for me, I did the event early. My flight path is no doubt a bit different than what you guys did as I tried to guess at some of the POIs. This was before @thorung posted the text file, which is always appreciated by Xbox users like myself I just did it before his post popped up.

The color of my plane was yellow/black mainly because around where I live I’ve been seeing lots of bumble bees so I thought I would fly with those colors.

I’m hoping that one day I get a chance to fly with you fine folks, but two things have recently worked against me, the first losing my job and the second being the lack of $$$ but it’s a plan for the future to at least once fly with you folks online, I know I won’t have a headset so I won’t be able to voice chat but I’ll still be streaming as per usual.

2 Likes

Would’ve loved to attend but sadly had another commitment.

See you next week though! (PS May have a fun aircraft I’ll be flying :wink: )

2 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t make it for the full flight this time around, joined the group a little before the half way mark. But I had a good time as always!

4 Likes