Official Discussion: August 19th, 2021 Development Update

Dear community,

Quit your whining!! I’d rather have a handful of quality fixes than a heap of garbage fixes!

It’s great that they’re wanting to ensure quality after last time. Quit complaining and let them crack on, you’ll get full release notes on the day.

61 Likes

Pretty much this. We asked them to spend more time testing their updates and ensuring their updates are higher quality. We even asked them to delay their updates if need be, so that the updates are higher in quality and produce less bugs. Now Microsoft/Asobo is doing what we asked for and you still have some people, as you say, “whining.”

34 Likes

I hope they include the black avionics screens on the Xbox platforms going black minutes and hours within a flight ! See nothing mentioned about it here and a lot of people are having this major issue even after loads of zendesk tickets!

2 Likes

For the love of all that’s holy if all the broken controls / interaction (mouse position resetting, cursor dissapearing when using free-look, etc) will not be prioritized as fixes for this update I will have lost all hope in the future quality of this product.

8 Likes

@Jummivana Please could you advise if this is being adressed. This stops the sim from starting…

I’ve reported this issue and the team is investigating, however no further updates for you unfortunately.

I’m seeing a lot of “what about this bug” questions which are all valid, and I’ve been taking a look at each one to ensure that it is in the system and that the team is working on it. Can confirm everything above this post is on the dev teams radar and prioritized but are still under investigation so don’t have any updates on them.

35 Likes

to ensure a very high level of quality, we have decided to move back the release date

That works for me. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

20 Likes

We know three!

EDHL Lübeck Airport in Germany
LOWK Klagenfurt Airport in Austria
LSZR St. Gallen–Altenrhein Airport in Switzerland

As far as new Points of Interest go:

• Germany: Holstentor, Elbphilharmonie, Castle Marienburg, Deutsches Eck, Castle Katz, Lorelei, St. Bartholomä and Allianz Arena
  • Switzerland: Swiss National Museum, Grossmünster, Tarasp Castle, Chapel Bridge and the Lausanne Cathedral.
  • Austria: Schloss Eggenberg, Riesenrad, Stephansdom,
2 Likes

Will there be a test version of the update for users before the September 7 release and how can you get to this private update bet?

3 Likes

Re: @Jummivana’s post above about people asking “What about this bug?”:

A reminder that the Dev Update states the following:

In the meantime, here are some highlights from the World Update 6 release notes:
[…]
Full release notes will be released with the update on September 7th.

The fixes and updates you see in the August 19 Dev Update are not an exhaustive list of everything that will be included with WU6 on September 7. Just because you don’t see a particular issue documented here doesn’t mean it won’t be fixed with WU6. At the same time, not every known issue is being resolved with SU6 either, so please standby for the full patch notes before commenting about what will (or will not) be fixed on Sep. 7.

20 Likes

The delaying of WU6 feels very bittersweet here.

I’d always welcome the feature updates coming later to ensure a higher level of quality, however, several important bug fixes have been gated behind this ‘coming in WU6’ banner.

It’s something of a dangerous game to play to actually delay the bug fixes that are needed to address the last problematic update. How about we get another hot fix to actually address those and the new features and updates of WU6 can come later?

Feels like another half hearted Asobo/Microsoft update plan. Why are the team so completely tone deaf?

14 Likes

What is the Standard Setting for Offscreen terrain pre caching? What setting do we have now? Off? It Sounds every Setting except Ultra lower the graphics quality. I Hope we can Turn it off, if ultra is to Slow.

3 Likes

This is one of the first things I thought of. It would be nice to know what equivalent to that setting we’re seeing right now.

3 Likes

Nice update and dev blog! Good to see early info about the fixes and improvements coming. Looks like a good update wth some quality updates.

With all the noise and conspiracies around dumbign down for xbox etc, hopefully now that we know a slider that restores the terrain etc loading around the plane to full loading, which won’t be on xbox, finally, finally, finally, once and for all, kills that myth stone dead.

Extending the PG range sounds excellent too.

Asobo - please ignore the people shouting and whining. Keep up the good work.

18 Likes

Only in these forums would someone be so ungrateful to say an update is horrible even when it fixes things that need fixing.

12 Likes

Why should they ignore shouting and whining?? My sim wont start due to a microsoft/asobo server bug so I think I have every right to shout and whine!!!
Ive paid for a product that does not work, and am getting no product support from Zendesk. Annoyed!!!

12 Likes

So raise a thread for it with details, and log with zendesk. Shouting and whining will achieve exactly zero, unless your goal is to annoy everyone

EDIT - and by the way, you’re not one of the people shouting and whining.

5 Likes

have done all those things weeks ago and still cant play. I just want to be able to play the sim…

1 Like

Then I’m truly sorry about that, and you have my sympathies. Your post was a perfectly reasonable request, unlike some others - and you did get a direct response - albeit not what you’d have wanted Im sure

2 Likes

I’m sure this will be explained once the patch is released.

However I imagine off is not an option. I imagine the redrawing and popping would be many times worse than what people are complaining about now. Edit: Or maybe that’s what we have now and low will become the equivalent? Im sure they won’t implement it so it prevents getting the same performance as we get now.