Official Discussion: August 5th, 2021 Development Update

Lol. Calm down. No one’s working the weekend for your game.

24 Likes

People’s work/life balance is more important than this sim, as good as it is. They’re not going to do overtime to do their job, nor should anybody expect them to, let’s keep things in perspective.

33 Likes

Do you want to work weekends? I sure as heck do not. I want this fixed more than anyone, but that’s a bit silly to expect a weekend update.

12 Likes

Simply depends what country/culture/industry you are in. In my work in Hong Kong, I often see business emails send after midnight on weekends… People usually leave office after 9pm daily.

France is different, of course. But if there is ANY scenario where they should do overtime, this fiasco after SU5 is surely the right time. If not now, when?

3 Likes

It does in France unless you’re in the service industry.

11 Likes

We really have no choice but to be patient. For me, I am glad they are working on it pretty quickly and then bring back the sim we have all been accustom to. I imagine it being a massive undertaking and I think that we will benefit from it. I am looking forward to it, no doubt.

More fool them.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post, this is directed to the person you replied to.
The fact that 7 people liked this worries me.
The wellbeing of the team and respecting their free time is way more important than a game. We can wait until monday to play.

12 Likes

What do you mean? The 8 people are agreeing with the person about it’s ok to wait

I hope Slow game startup/load and constant CTD when clicking fly now are going to be resolved I haven’t played in many weeks

1 Like

I replied to the wrong person lol

1 Like

Don’t spend time with their family and don’t relax on their free time, so you could relax and play a game?
No.

2 Likes

TBF, if the update was in the state that it is currently in, I would have rather they not released it at all. When you mess up something this badly, especially something many people have spent so much money on, you would expect there to be a group of people tasked with emergency fixes.

2 Likes

Regarding this ATC repair, if I or ATC can’t hear or see what to say, can you solve it?

A couple extra hours PER YEAR (just for this one occasion where they themselves screwed up big time) wouldn’t kill anyone right?

Flexibility is needed in businesses.

1 Like

I’m not working this weekend and neither should they! This isn’t software that’s running a power plant… It’s a flight simulator… I admire your enthusiasm, though

9 Likes

They might possibly have people working on the weekend if need be, we have know way of knowing this. The only thing that is important is they are working on a fix that could come as early as tomorrow or as late as next week.

1 Like

“Next few business days.” Means Tuesday, next week.

2 Likes

I thought it was very bad that in the middle of the cloudy or rainy sky and sometimes flying inside denser cloud formations the sun is as bright as a day with clear skies. Please consider this point!

2 Likes

Any word on FPS impacts please? Will it stay the same? Do consider lower end PC users too… most of the people complaining about LOD are high end PC users lol.