Official Discussion: June 23rd, 2022 Dev Update

In relation to Sim Update 10

Roadmap:

• Sim Update 10:
    • Terrain & Weather Radar Drawing APIs
    • NavData API
    • Aircraft Editor V2
    • Game rendered in a window in the DevMode

What about DX12 full implementation and DLSS?

The roadmap is for 3rd-Party Devs.

AFAIK there was never lost a word which new features are in an SU for the customers.

1 Like

I know the job titles of them.
But in their Advertising and Marketing Show they all 3 behave like Marketing Managers.

Wasn’t the whole idea of pushing SU10 to August, so they could have two months of BETA testing instead of 3 or 4 weeks like SU8 and 9? Last week they said to stay tuned, then nothing this week? At least, give an update please.

Sounds like they’re going to have 1 month again…for a supposedly huge update…

7 Likes

Like, almost 7 months!

1 Like

???

They told customers what to expect in SU10 during the last live dev Q&A from May 25. Written transcript and video:

Another scholzing Update … an update without real content or any relevant information

3 Likes

As i said shortly after pushing it into august : Its not meant to test it… it was pushed due to the upcomming holiday season

1 Like

I’ve watched all the dev q&a’s and they’ve certainly made it seem that the reason they pushed it is because they want to ‘get it right’ and allow more time to test. And they understand this is a big update and past updates have not gone well. However, yes, you’re probably right. I just hope it’s getting more internal testing and can have AT LEAST a full month in beta with active communication and fixes. I know I’m probably expecting too much given the track record with past betas. We shall see.

1 Like

A full month isn’t enough. If I remember correctly SU9 got 6 weeks :astonished:

1 Like

I was expecting her to announce a date for the start of the SU10 beta but I guess not.

2 Likes

we need more than one month for the beta, maybe 6 weeks or more, there are a lot of things to test comparing to the previous sim updates

2 Likes

Yes, I agree and I think that Jorg said in the last Q&A that he was going to try to extend the beta period for that reason.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

This is a friendly reminder that one of the responsibilities of the Community team is to listen to our players and provide your feedback – both good and bad – to the developers. We have direct lines of communication not only to Jorg himself but also to individual subject matter experts who work on different features. Our team provides reports (some written, some verbal) multiple times each week to the devs on your top issues and concerns.

We heard your feedback about the May Dev Q&A livestream and are working with Jorg, Seb, Martial, and other devs on different ways (beyond the monthly livestreams and weekly blog posts) to provide you with responses to some of your questions that go into a greater level of technical detail.

19 Likes

I know that, but it seems to others, you’re not the developer. What are you going to do? Lol it seems everyone expects Jorge, Martial, Seb to live in here and log issues. Mmmmm i I think id rather have them in the office actually coding, and developing. I would hope the community realizes and appreciates all you guys do to be the middle men to accumulate all this information and cull it.

2 Likes

And middle women! Let’s be sure to inclusive of my wonderful colleagues @Jummivana and @iinKWest. <3

7 Likes

Middle people of middle earth. High five, all of you.

6 Likes

Well that has to be a disappointment to people here that insisted that not only thermals were implemented but precisely how.

I think i would believe Seb over Jorge in this case