Local Legend V: Beechcraft Model 18 ("Twin Beech")

Behind the yoke (I think) there is a dial for compass light. Not sure if that is for this instrument

No, that dial is for compass in the middle of cockpit.

There a hand book for the Beech yet?

One of these may suit.

Enjoying this beauty
 Durango to Silverton in Colorado.

8 Likes

I’ve been keeping my eye on this page: Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

Nothing yet unfortunately (assuming it goes on this page and not Carenado’s website)

@Jummivana
When can we expect documentation for this airplane?

you might need to use the red cockpit panel lights to illuminate that

1 Like

Well doesn’t have the SM up on there yet.

It does. It was added about a week after release but it likes to vanish and re-appear after you refresh the page a few times.

3 Likes

Beechcraft 18 - The pilots are missing! PC
 Any ideas how to fix this? Seem to see them occationally from flight to flight
 =/

Try with others than default ones.

Not working at all for me. Well
 Just from time to time.

Here’s another POH (Canadian) for the Beech 18

5 Likes

How do you trim elevator before takeoff?

From POH above:

I see that default elevator trim is 6,7°. Is it correct?

Probably not, although I don’t know where you’re seeing 6.7. As discussed before, for me it spawns on the runway with 20% nose-up trim (not sure if it’s possible to calculate how many degrees that equates to).

Unless the manual above defines how much a “unit” of trim is, that doesn’t seem very helpful.

1 Like

“Unit” is available on trim indicator in the cockpit.
I get 6.7° when I displayed tooltip for trim wheel.

just about now it might be fun to know what percentage of PC users have the ‘Tooltips’ function turned on vs off

and then the same for the xBox’ers

count me among the PC fliers who do NOT use tooltips - or any other on screen aids

2 Likes

The HSI gauge not illuminating at night is a bug. As of today June 28, Carenado knows about the HSI not illuminating and are working on it. Here’s the reply that I got after submitting a Zendesk request.

"Carenado Support, Jun 28, 2022, 18:18 GMT-4:
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback, we are going to fix it for the next version of this aircraft.

Regards,

Carenado."

You can see it though if you turn on the red light as @FusionHorse151 mentioned. It’s a light right over your head
 took me a long time to find this obvious light. lol

2 Likes