Official Discussion: March 10th, 2022 Development Update

The only part of the updates I really enjoy are the SDK updates. They tell us what they are doing and it appears as if it moves forward. For the rest, we keep looking at the same think over and over again. That makes me feel, as if nothing happens. I wish they would explain their progress in the sim the same way they explain their progress in the SDK.

2 Likes

That is very odd. The major thing about the Kodiak is that itā€™s a 4GB add-on once installed, so could it be a space/memory issue on Xbox?

I would like to know if FS CTDs more than it did in the past if other planes are used. See if it is an Xbox OS/FS issue or if the Kodiak somehow bites. We have no control over Xbox but gathering info can help ID the issue.

donā€™t really know what happened, but plenty of space free

restarted the console and hopped in the kodiak finally (tbh donā€™t know if it was the issue or was the sim that was faulty which I tend to think since the strange behaviour at sim startup)

Iā€™m so glad this bird came to xbox, god knows how much I am

did you maybe use quickresume?

Nope. I did everything properly to eliminate issues. Been in this community long enough to know the basics.

If you have any such issues do log a ticket with MS as theyā€™re the ones who can really delve into Xboxā€™s moving parts. But if you think you have a workaround for such problem, do let me know. If we can do something, we will.

yeah, I just submitted a bug post sim related

Iā€™m pretty convinced that Iā€™m facing serious sim issues, from the start up to the flight loading

right now the only thing that got me past start up loading screen and pre flight loading screen is a console restart

can confirm itā€™s not plane related as far as I was capable to test

1 Like

I have loaded the Kodiak this morning and itā€™s loading fine, but first flight after a few minuets the screens just went black other than Standby Alt indicator and second they just wouldnā€™t even load initially.

The Development Roadmap is getting silly now. No one cares about November 2021 to February 2022. Dates need moving forward before it becomes completely obsolete.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s how itā€™s always been, they update it at the last minute. :slightly_frowning_face:

-eelis-

1 Like

CMā€™s have told us they only change this quarterly. You can read in the road map when the next road map update will come.

This aggravates me that they released the f35 for PC only over a few bugs for xbox now we half to wait friggen 6 more days just for A CHANCE to get it on xbox not to mention if itā€™s not finished we half to wait 2 WEEKS ontop of how long we already been waiting just to see this beautiful plane on xbox this plane should be RELEASED as its fixed instead of sitting on someoneā€™s computer waiting for the next DEV UPDATE sheeeesh

1 Like

Iā€™ll add that to the ever growing list of ā€œBaffling Decisionsā€ that make no sense.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a little more complicated than ā€œa few bugs for xboxā€. From the F-35 thread in third party section-

ā€œLatest on Facebook was that even IFT have no idea for Xbox Release as Microsoft have an issue where as soon as they encrypt it, the game has major performance issues and causes crashes if my understanding is right.ā€

Devs canā€™t test on Xbox directly unfortunately. It seems like no one can, not even the Microsobo teams. Thereā€™s no mechanism in the Xbox ecosystem for that. They develop and test using the Xbox dev kit on a PC.

According to Jorg a couple of Q&As ago, the dev kit is supposed to 100% mimic the behaviour of an actual Xbox. But theyā€™ve discovered that it actually doesnā€™t. Things that work fine on the dev kit may not at all behave the same way once it lands on the actual Xbox hardware. Or it may not even work at all or cause massive performance or stability issues that donā€™t occur on the dev kit at all.

So this is a really tricky problem for them to work around.

2 Likes

I seriously doubt that a minor project like MSFS is too big for Microsoft.
Lets keep a sense of proportion please.
As to the Q&A they will always only disclose what they wish to disclose.
No doubt there are all kinds of commercial reasons for that.
I just dont understand why users think that somehow they have all kinds of
rights when it comes to how a company like Microsoft develops one of its products.
They will always follow the route that they think is most advantaguous commercially.
In that they are same as Apple, Nike etc.
It is what it is. As users you always have one basic power; dont buy or use the product.
It is all a user can do in the end, other than giving feedback that may or may not be accepted.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not talking about MS, heā€™s talking about Asobo and if your only solution is simply ā€œif you donā€™t like something donā€™t buy itā€, well then congratulations on the most useless reply of the day. Transparency is important. We are not getting transparency right now.

5 Likes

Thank you for your somewhat aggressive reply but you probably didnā€™t mean it to be. Regretfully you missed some detail of my reply. I clearly said that IN THE END the only real power one has is to buy or not to buy.
Asobo will assign whatever resources MS is willing to pay for.
Transparency is important only as far as MS is willing to share. That was also part of my observation.
I am sure MS is looking at the big commercial picture and most likely pleased with the success of the Simulator. And I have to say that for me and thousand others it all runs fine. So all good.
So it is what it is.

When Iā€™m paying good money to use a service/package then I expect the service/package to work as described before I payout my money. And if I do payout my money I would say that gives me some rights if not alot of rights! Thereā€™s also an expression and I quote " The customer is always right!"

depends which country you are in.
You may be speaking about ā€˜moralā€™ rights but there is no way to assert those.
I repeat that IN THE END the only REAL power a software user has is to not buy the software or stop using it. That was really all I was saying.
It seems to me that a lot of people here are upset if the commercial policies and strategies of MS dont conform with what they as user expect. Doesnt work that way in your local supermarket neither with any online purchases.
But this is my last post on this as people seem hell bend on misinterpreting what I actually wrote.

1 Like