Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

Also having ctd, worse than before the hotfix. Totally agree about the rollback, i was having no issues before the patch.

1 Like

Sadly this ā€œhotfixā€ has improved nothing for me. Iā€™m still experiencing multiple CTDā€™s on the world map and terrible performance when I do manage to load up a flight.

Whatā€™s going on Asobo/MS? SU9 has been a disaster for Xbox users. Another fix is surely needed but I feel we might have to wait and hope that SU10 is better.

1 Like

Iā€™d be genuinely amazed to see any code updates launch before SU10 in July.

3 Likes

All smooth during the install on my Series X, The biggest change for me was the fix to the disturbing reflection on cockpit windows.

However as many more I still notice a degraded performance on the initial load of the map, an update or something being installed and freezing the game completely and significant stutters while looking around in the cockpit of most aircraft.

My biggest issue so far is a CTD all the time when I load a flight on the default A320 selecting a parking spot or gate as the departure point which results in a cold and dark state, when turning the batteries on, the sim will freeze and close after a couple of seconds

I have seen no change using simbrief with the FBW A320NX development version since the hotfix. However I recently found strange MCDU behavior after loading the simbrief OFP where the flight plan page begins to continuosly scroll making it impossible to edit. This issue clears after simply restarting the flight and reloading the simbrief OFP. With all the updates going on I have no idea of exactly when this behavior began and I have not yet tried other versions of the FBW A320.
Update: it turns out that behavior was a known bug fixed by keeping the option to use generic models turned on for AI traffic. I had turned it off which caused the strange behavior. Thank you FBW discord support! I would never have made that connection. So if your problem persists do seek help from FBW on discord as they do offer help for all but the experimental version for which you can post possible bugs.

The only thing the hotfix fixed is the windshield reflections. All other problems remain on Xbox, the sim is more unstable than ever, even the UI is a stuttery mess. It just doesnā€™t work.

6 Likes

Update went without problems. Unfortunately still FPS drops. Performance approx. 30% below SU08. But, FS itself seems to be more stable. I was able to plug and unplug USB devices during the flight. No CTD.

1 Like

I flew with the Cessna 172 and noticed that from a certain altitude the display panel in the cockpit shuts down, going completely black. Is it happening with everyone?

I had difficult obtaining this first SU9 patch but it finally installed. I have the MS Store version and ā€˜Get Updatesā€™ revealed the update but it kept saying ā€œsomething went wrong on our endā€ with a Retry button. I restarted several times and eventually it updated itself.
I started the sim and I feel that both clouds and sky/cloud colors have been improved. I checked several places today using live weather and everything I saw was either ā€˜quite goodā€™ or, at the evry least, ā€˜not bad at allā€™. Even near where I actually live did the clouds and sky look quite good. Not sure whats changed there but I hope it wasnt a one off.
The new intro splash screen worked twice in a row. Weā€™ll see if its still there tomorrow.
I will cautiously say that I think it was a good updateā€¦possible very good. Ryzen 3700X and GTX1070.

With the latest hotfix you brought the very great error ā€žcanā€™t read memoryā€œ back!
Solved it for SU8 and finialy had a stable simā€¦ now I canā€™t solve this error anymore! Unplayable! Thanks a lot

1 Like

The perfomance on Ground is ridiculous

5 Likes

Horribleā€¦ How after 9 Sim Updates itā€™s just getting worse???

Performance worst then before
Main thread is overloaded and cause horrendous stutters
Performance degradation is unbelievable
CTD after CTDā€¦

Are you guys at MS/Asobo even listening to your community?

Look the number of posts and how many people have problems.

Itā€™s about time that this sim will become stable, fix the game breaking issues already.

14 Likes

94.4% of Steam players have less than 100 hours.

89.1% less than 50 hours.

3 Likes

Not me ā€“ no issues at all with the C172 ( Both g1000 and Steam Gauge) ā€“ apart from
Missing Animations
Messed up and unfinished AP
Messed up and unfinished Transponder
Unfinished rear cabin Lighting
Unfinished instruments & gauges.

Unfortunately ā€œUnfinishedā€ applies to a lot of the C172 ā€¦ and after 2 years, no signs of it being completed, or opened up so that the Community can Mod it and finish it ā€¦

YET

( Spoiler alert )

2 Likes

Whaaat? Study level C172 coming? Really?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reading from so many complains, I can only think of how actually MS/Asobo do the quality test (internal beta test)? Do they even have beta tester team?

They should also test the sim performance (Stutters, FPS drops), not only functionalities.

:+1: maybe ā€” but I cannot say anymore ā€¦ (should not have said what I did !@! )

But it may be a familar story ā€“ Dev waiting on Asobo to fix something before they can release @!@

Ever since they made this for xbox also it all started to go down hill.

Not a go at xbox users, just stating a fact.

Peace

Back to x plane and fsx

They obv dont test that would mean paying for a test team, they leave that to us :slight_smile:

And how do you know that?

In all fairness to Asobo, they do seem to be looking to hire QC and Test peopple, but have been for some time, with limited success (ad still there on their career page),

What is surprising, is that the technical requirement stated in their add is ā€œMINIMALā€ (what an understatement !!), but still they are looking.

https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/qa-tester-flight-sim-307

Maybe this explains a lot ??

1 Like