Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

Perhaps, I should apply and move to France.

1 Like

So strange though the different experiences on Xbox being a closed platform.

Yeah the experience people are having likely depends a lot on how they are playing the game. I’d wager in a lot of cases folks are simply starting on the runway doing a VFR flight around a particular area and the like, you might not run into as many issues that way.

Me personally I prefer longer / multi-hour IFR flights using ILS and the like.

Since SU9 I have:

• Most of the RNAV waypoints I used to fly routes on missing
  • ILS/Locators missing from runways that were there prior to SU9
  • Screens going black on approach
  • Navigational screens freezing during flight

(There are all likely related to some issue with the NAV data on XBox).

That’s all on top of the CTD in the world map screen, so for me the game just ain’t what it was before SU9.

I guess your mileage varies really.

Actually I have no reason to write here, for everything works on my PC-Version. No Problems at all. The only problems I had so far, were homemade.

2 Likes

Same for me , I have no problems with SU9 or the update.

4 Likes

XBox Series X… before hot fix I would have CTD on short flights…(and long too actually). After Hotfix:
Got into the game, saw that there was a download and that it had downloaded (the update)… I set up a test flight from M01 (General Dewitt Airport in Memphis) to MEM Memphis International…IFR Low Altitude… As soon as I clicked IFR Low Altitude the game locked up…now controller mouse movement, or button action…I had to hit the Xbox X to exit to desktop… then the controller was fine… did an Xbox reboot…went back in, same thing… Xbox reboot… went in a third time and just changed to departure MEM going to M01 IFR… that worked. I landed… then set up M01 to MEM and that worked…everything seemed smooth…just a few stutters just as I was landing (almost thought it was going to lock up) but then it smoothed out… I was flying a (Forgive me I forget the name of the plane), but it is that little plane with propeller in the back…huge windshield, kind of looks like a car inside lol).

I also noticed relative air traffic…seems to me that disappeared before the hot fix.

Still no audio on the Asobo and Blackshark startup screens…

Live weather was …flight at night…

So in my opinion, this was a HUGE improvement, at least on those 2 short flights. I do not know how to check frame rate on Xbox, but I bet it was back to normal for Xbox…

Hope this helps the Developers/Asobo in their Hotfix success

The store update had error something went wrong on our end comment. The Xbox app also was trying to update at the same time. It was taking way to long to update. Closed the store and rebooted computer. The game seemed okay but didn’t check for updates. Thought I had bad update so decided to delete and reinstall game. Had to re-install on Xbox app which took a long time. Finally got it working again and it is now checking for updates on startup again.

I suspect a lot of it is down to the type of aircraft, rather than anything else.

I fly long routes, in different parts of the world, in all weathers, starting cold and dark and so on, both on my own and in group flights, and have no issues - but I’m a GA flyer. I suspect (although I have no evidence of this, because most people complaining give little details as to what they’re doing to render the sim “unplayable”) that most of those experiencing issues are flying airliners.

Over 5 million MSFS copies sold. 1000’s of copies of the new 737 sold. It is a good bet in Vegas for those 737 users the sim is stable. Tens of thousands of Multiplayers are stable. Reno air races stable. I remember how Sim update 5 was proclaimed the worst by forum reviewers. … errr was SU7? 8? Now SU9?? 10 is coming up lol

1 Like

Terrible stuttering in the new version and the new hotfix.
Sorry but, before SU9, all was better.
Please, can you fix that?

3 Likes

I had that on my Series S which is hooked up to my TV but not on my Series X which is hooked up to a gaming monitor. It turned out the audio settings had to be reset on the Series S for those two sound sequences to be heard again. IIRC I had the S set to use Dolby Atmos and changing it to use Stereo instead fixed it.

Did you send a Zendesk?

Intel Core i5 4690K, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, Samsung SSD, 24GB RAM
FS: almost all settings high, on Ground Ø 28 FPS, In the Air Ø 35 to 42 FPS.

I know there are a few geographic specific issues too. When ever I fly out of Paraburdoo, Australia, I have a horrible hang when I turn my aircraft, or pan my view, in a certain direction towards one of the larger mountains - stock aircraft and scenery. It’s fairly consistent and if I wait the sim will start going again. So, people are likely triggering other stock scenery glitches depending on where they fly.

The hardest plane I have on the system is the Kodiak - at least in the sense it takes a very long time to load compared to everything else including other 3rd party planes. The only issue I had with it crashing (well before SU9) was with an earlier version of the NXi but that has since been resolved with the Working Title updates.

I mainly fly VFR so I can’t comment on the points raised by others relating to new issues with IFR. I have a growing collection of 3rd party aircraft but only a few scenery add-ons. So, people suffering because of scenery conflicts introduced with SU9/SU9hotfix may be an issue. (I always clear my cache with major updates and that seems to help avoid a lot of CTDs for me.) The main fix in SU9 for me was being able to use the tablets and related animations on some of the aircraft, like the Carenado offerings, which weren’t working properly before and then the fix of the reflection flashing introduced in SU9 - some say SU8 - with the new patch.

Two things all Xbox users who are having trouble could try:

• full restart of your console ~ not just MSFS
  • clear your rolling cache and create a new one

Any time in the past when I felt I was getting more issues like CTDs then I should I would perform these steps and things would improve and be stable again.

1 Like

BlockquoteI had that on my Series S which is hooked up to my TV but not on my Series X which is hooked up to a gaming monitor. It turned out the audio settings had to be reset on the Series S for those two sound sequences to be heard again. IIRC I had the S set to use Dolby Atmos and changing it to use Stereo instead fixed it.

Interesting! but I hear other sounds but obviously in the game, but ill check out the sound settings…good catch

I did too. It was only those two startup sound bites I was use to hearing that were missing. In game everything was fine.

Almost two years since the game was released and it’s still impossible to play it properly.
Grotesque errors on the A320 and 747 for example.

I jumped on the hype of this POS and spent a lot of money to buy an XBox just because of that. A lot of beautiful videos, hiding a lot of patches.

I’ve been using MS Flight Simulator since its 6.0 version from the mid 90’s and this is the one that is destroying the whole legacy.

I just hope to sell my XBox, invest on a better PC and maybe try the new X-Plane 12, Aerofly FS 4 or some other decent flight simulator.

Totally agree. Hoping it gets improved upon!

yes, 10 minutes ago:)

I’ve done two flights since the hotfix without significant issues, so knock on wood.

One thing though, it won’t let me add waypoints to a flight plan unless I exit the world map screen and reenter.

1 Like

My wireless keyboard and mouse as begun to act up after the hotfix. Game is completely unplayable without them.