Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

ROFL :rofl: :rofl: ā€¦

Iā€™m glad someone finds it funny. Iā€™m not laughingā€¦

Does your keyboard and mouse work with other programs? If not you may just need to replace the batteries if they are wireless.

1 Like

Oh. Sorry. I thought you meant it as a joke because the likelyhood of the HF breaking your KB & Mouse is so slight. No offense.

3 Likes

Am I missing something? Where in the hotfix release notes does it say what specific Xbox issues have been fixed?

Keyboard and mouse works fine elsewhere. I changed the batteries just for good measure. Keyboard and mouse will stop working during flight for five minutes or soā€¦come back on for a few minutesā€¦go again.

I tell you what, Iā€™ve said it elsewhere, but Iā€™ve been flight simming for about 30 years and Iā€™ve never seen the likes of this.

1 Like

No worries, man. Iā€™m a bit soft skinned these daysā€¦royalty pā€™ed off to say the least.

Maybe a restart of the PC. Remove and add back in windows. Just throwing ideas out.

Iā€™m on Xbox, so I have limited options available to me to tweek the OS.

Iā€™m just blowing off steam here, but if Call of Duty, Madden, and NHL had these kinds of problems, I can only imagine the outrage.

4 Likes

I have been playing flight simulater since mid 90ā€™s too, Flight simulator 95 being my first experience. Favorite being Flight simulator X.

I was away from the franchise for many years and opted to buy a console in 2010 after selling my PC. And for the last decade was happy with the amazing virtual worlds bought to us on Playstation and Xbox for example Skyrim Fallout Witcher 3 ect. But it wasnt enough and I was missing a old past time hobby of mine. The wonderful world of Flight simulation.

Now I remember thinking that the franchise was over and I was living in the past dreaming of playing my favorite sim. Until their revealā€¦ and boyyyy was I excited and also it was coming to Xbox. Now at the time I had the Xbox one x and thought its actually possible with the new console on the horizon and only being Ā£450. I knew I couldnt afford the PC anymore because Iā€™d got kids now so it wasnt happening lol so yeah I jumped on to this bandwagon and had the wool pulled over my eyes.

I agree that this is the worst experience I have had with any Flight simulation title and somewhat feel cheated as I have realised how much of a limited system the Xbox is.

When the timing is right I will get a PC.

3 Likes

I agree. The big YouTubers never discuss the issues with this game. Odd.

2 Likes

Wow! Is that repeatable when you restart or start over after a reboot?
I have seen strange sim behavior over the years but most of the time it is a one off.

What an absolute mess!!!

After not being able to download the patch because of an ā€œerrorā€ I gave up yesterday after having a mostly stutter free flight, I was doing ok.

This morning, I try to install the patch again before heading to work, and now, I could not load the sim. Now, the game itself, the Xbox app and the Microsoft store was giving me an error, and was stating that I had two downloads, one giving me an error (the update), and the other being a 128gb download of the sim. My heart sank as I knew that I would have to do the inevitable.

I unwillingly started the uninstall process, hoping that maybe the silver lining would be a nice clean install, better frames. I was getting 60 fps on 200 LOD before, it could only get better right? Wrong, I come back from work, and the install went well surprisingly. I reinstalled all my sceneries and adjusted my graphics settings back to what they were and oh noā€¦ I have stutters all over the place now!

I am gutted. I had to lower my lod down to 100 to get the same frames I was getting before. I just donā€™t get it. It doesnā€™t even make a difference that they fix something, as there is no guarantee they wonā€™t mess with it and break it later!

This has been the worst hotfix I have ever downloaded. It is sad that this is what we were waiting on for Fenix to finalize the A320. Asobo, get your act together!

1 Like

Absolutely repeatable. Iā€™ve given up playing the sim.

1 Like

That was apparent last weekkend when Xbox play went down completely. I imagine there was a lot more pressure to get that fixed then to respond to a much smaller number of flight simmers. Problem is this whoke streaming technology is a house if cards requireing so many things to work. No going back now!

I came home last evening and discovered that the hotfix had installed itselfā€¦ no action needed on my part (which I found to be odd). I started the sim, noticing the new TBM-930 splash screen, and after a few odd screen flashes, the sim appeared to load correctly. I was too tired to try anything so shut it down, and planned on trying a flight tonight.

This evening, upon launching the sim, the splash screen disappeared, the progress bar was about 50% of the way across a black screen, and then I got a CTD. I re-launched the sim, and when asked, chose ā€˜Start Normallyā€™. This time, the sim loaded completely, and I was able to complete a flight successfully with no other problems. Fingers crossed that things work well from now on.

There are steam statistics above your post that show 90% of buyers have hardly used the sim. So from your numbers thatā€™s 4,500,000 people who realised they made a mistake.

As I understand it all steam users have bought the game outright. I can only imagine that for the xbox game pass users and the cloud users that havenā€™t invested that money upfront and just tried the game to see that number must be significantly more skewed.

Iā€™m sure that on the accountantā€™s balance sheet the numbers look great but I think that high a dissatisfaction rate reflects very poorly on the franchise and could lead to long term viability issues if word gets around that itā€™s broken and doesnā€™t work.

2 Likes

Probably best to leave it sit for now. I am no expert but I would guess that some file has become corrupted, and it would take a full re-install of the sim to restore normal operation. SorryšŸ˜Ÿ

1 Like

That is exactly what I had to do to get the Sim running on my PC. Not only that, I also had to reinstall Windows 10 PRO before everything was running as it should.

The good news is that I am running the sim with all settings at ULTRA at a rock steady 30 FPS with my Nvidia RTX 2080 card.

My fesr is that the next ā€œMandatory Updateā€ from Asobo will send me back to Repair HELL!

It is a real disgrace at this point. I understand how complex software development is and Iā€™ve always had Asoboā€™s back or at least tried to, but itā€™s too much at this point. It is a disgrace and a real shame we have to deal with this after every update.

This is what poor QA and 0 regression testing looks like. For something complicated like this automated unit/smoke/etc testing is mandatory.

There is no explanation for what is going on here with massive regressions on each release other then terrible release management and bad testing practices and it is a shame.

3 Likes