Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

Oh that’s unfortunate. I got CTD every time before this hotfix and success after. Maybe I got really lucky? I will try again tomorrow.

CTD after searching for updates. Community Folder is empty. No Chance to start the Game.

What a joke. Freeze again on world map and then ctd. Xbox x here. One just have to laugh. The most messy software iv ever encountered. Degrading after every update. I have no expectations anymore and will come back maybe later if the forum here reports its playable again in the future.

2 Likes

So there i was, descending to LGSK and game kicked me out to desktop. CTD i thought until i reloaded and it stated that it needed an update. Wish they could notify you onscreen somehow. My passengers will not be pleased

2 Likes

This may have nothing to do with the patch, but I’m seeing reduced draw distance on Xbox Series X.

I’m flying in Alaska and the detail is popping in at pretty close distances to have it be kinda gross looking.

No one can (or will) answer this, but I wonder if this patch has had to throttle back performance to fix issues.

I don’t recall seeing this drawing issue before. Of course, it could be the location of where I normally fly vs. Alaska.

Dunno, but kind of a drag. Things don’t look as realistic to me.

2 Likes

for my XBX the main flight program is very SU8. all i wanted. been a fun 90+ minutes , been a fortnight since i could type that. i`m happy

3 Likes

Not shure what you are saying. If you launch the game, before the store downloads the update, you are redirected to the store. It has always worked this way in the past.
Glad however that the XBox-app solved it for you :+1:

I am afraid you will have to wait until SU10 for performance to be addressed!

CTD at BIRK solved and a recurring “memory could not be read” error box that I always had during final to Billund (EKBI) also solved. So stability seems to have improved but performance is still really degraded. With cloudy weather is even worse than before the hotfix. I still need to disable buildings photogrametry. I hope this is addressed in the next patch.

I also had the error message while updating from MS Store. I presume this is caused by Xbox services which needed to update before MSFS, as once that happened I didn´t have the error updating MSFS.

Cheers

Previously, Store would start my download after a minute or so… this time it did not… i used the XBox-App / My library to find the update :neutral_face:

Yeh, sometimes it needs a little help :rofl:

Thank you for fixing this item.
It needed it.

1 Like

It may or may not be an issue with the patch. I would test in other locations farther south (closer to the equator). Typically the closer you get to the poles (both north and south), the shorter the the draw distance you get. That’s a limitation of the sim, apparently.

1 Like

I just got a new splash screen after double clicking the launch icon - woo hoo!

I’m starting to suspect that my CTD had something to do with either the spawn point or something in my community folder. When I tested flying into the airport with a empty community everyting worked. I will have to try to narrow this down further.

1 Like

Did anyone test the performance on PC? How is it after the patch? Thanks.

Thank you for this info. I will definitely do so. I fly regularly in mid to Southern California, which is definitely closer to the equator than AK.

Indeed! I don’t remember the exact tech details as to why draw distances reduce when you get closer to the poles. But I seem to remember it had something to do with lines of latitude getting closer. So the closer to the poles you get, the draw distance is affected by that.

I could also be completely wrong about that explanation, so I wouldn’t take that as being solid fact. But I do remember this was an issue that was brought up when the Nordics world update came out and had ridiculously short draw distances. Terrain LOD was popping in as you flew over it. And I seem to remember that this was the explanation for it. It was “fixed” in a subsequent update that increased draw distances, but I think the issue is still there, just not as bad as it used to be.

1 Like

Here exactly the same. The LOD has been cut back a lot, I can already see the lights “popping up” on the taxiway DIRECTLY BEFORE the plane. It’s not very nice, but seems to be necessary for the time being because of the faulty memory management. I just hope that it is not permanent.

It does run much more performant with the hotfix, however I have also had the first CTD again after planning a short flight on the world map. This still seems to not work with very memory intensive airports and a flight route planned in MSFS.

But at least this terrible flickering in the windows is gone. If it continues like this, the MSFS to the SU50 will work reasonably again… :ok_hand:

But the main thing is that the Top Gun DLC comes out on time… :person_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Unbelievable

1 Like