Official Discussion: November 24, 2022 Development Update

They are simply incapable of mastering the stuttering which progresses with each update and they will never manage to do so.
look at most of the posts refer to these difficulties of FPS or freezing or stuttering over the new versions this should put the flea in the ear of the developers anyway right?

Saw there was an update to MSFS the other day, clearly the dev team has been working during Thanksgiving week. Lots of tweaks to minor issues.

Disappointed in the complete lack of care the Xbox LOD issue has received since first identified in the SU11 beta.

All we can do is tell prospective buyers of this software, on Xbox you get PS1 or N64 levels of graphic quality. Just look at the screens being posted. The proof is right there for all to see.
Until the LOD gets fixed, this issue will be highlighted.

5 Likes

Is this Minecraft? That is an embarrassment.

2 Likes

I think that screenshot is more related to the quality of certain photogrammetry up close, which unfortunately does not lend itself well to close flying with helicopters. But there are plenty of examples of how the LOD bug has greatly reduced graphical fidelity on Xbox for sure.

1 Like

Agree. Didnā€™t even invite my friends anymore to regular flight sessions since SU11 beta, even though the all new helicopters and gliders are out now. Too embarrassing to start a flight with them and not be able to see runway numbers in glider tutorials nor seeing midtown LA buildings when starting from KLAX.

5 Likes

I hope thereā€™s an update on fixing the Xbox graphics downgrade in the next Development Update. I would like to know more about this situation and on the progress of fixing the graphics to itā€™s normal quality levels, that we were enjoying in SU10.

3 Likes

Of course they were. Asobo are in France and donā€™t celebrate US Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

Am I seeing things or is the Xbox graphics issue fixed today? Seems to be back to SU10 graphics for me but is stuttering.

Itā€™s most likely just you, as I highly doubt that this LOD fix will come in a stealthy way given the frustration over it. I also donā€™t think it is a server-side fix, as it has to do with the FPS detection and stability protection in the code for console.

1 Like

I guess so. Very strange. I just flew around for about a half hour and things seemed normal. Then loaded into Las Vegas and it was back to being a complete graphics disaster.

@ArchBlizzard278 EDIT:
So I leave Vegas and reload into KATL. Again, things look SU10 for me here. Keep in mind Iā€™m on Series S and graphics have been absolutely terrible since SU11 on Series S. This is also just an Xbox screenshot at 720p, Iā€™m seeing it at 1440p. Seems like something has changed. KATL did not look like this yesterday. Maybe server or internet related.

Small Working Title update on MSFS today?

Iā€™m afraid nothing changed. Look at the the tree line diasaperaing abruptly. In SU10 objects were drawn up to the horizon on such low altitude.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to drop it after this :joy: but Series S draw distance has always been that way for me. Probably the biggest difference in S vs X which is why Iā€™ll upgrade sooner or later to the X. Draw distance is significantly reduced on S.

There are three problems: LOD, texture resolution AND photogrammety.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also playing on Series S and draw distance was much better with SU10 than now.

2 Likes

And maybe thatā€™s what Iā€™m seeing is the texture resolution, maybe internet/server though Iā€™m running 300MB internet so I doubt itā€™s that. KATL runway and buildings were a blurry mess a few days ago and now they look normal.

To @Pazdzie22 point maybe draw distance is not where it was before. But for me personally itā€™s always been an issue on Series S.

hi all. im new in this forum so appologise if that not the right topic. i update the simm today ,and now i can t play in full screen ,i got the task bar windows at the bottom,try to change it in the general options but it doesnt help either,i found out as well that i cant change the resolution as well since today update.Anybody please help

Hello! Does pressing ALT + ENTER help or does that also not work to make your sim go into full screen mode?

1 Like

Texture resolution can be impacted by both the LOD level (either appropriately or inappropriately as this Xbox bug does) or because itā€™s low-res photogrammetry. It can also be because of internet speed or server issues. This is all why itā€™s tricky to parse out what is causing any graphical issue sometimes.

Photogrammety has been fixed yesterday evening! For the first time since January I can fly through New Yort with PG turned on and all buildings and streets are there with all their glory!

Since SU10 the PG was too slow even for scenery driven challenges. Before (SU8 and SU9) big cities like New York were a nogo. SU11 initially broke the PG completely.

Now, PG is fully functional and fast! Thank you, Asobo!