Official Discussion: November 24, 2022 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

So what are you saying, that thereā€™s no marketplace update today?

1 Like

That is correct. Like most Americans, our Marketplace team are currently enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday and spending time with their families. The Marketplace update will return next week.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

13 Likes

No updates on fixing the bug causing Xbox graphics downgrade?

7 Likes

Hello @Pazdzie22,

In case you didnā€™t see it, Jorg and Seb addressed this issue during the Developer Livestream last week. The team has identified the cause of this bug, and a fix will be coming in a future update. Jorg estimates this update will be deployed in January.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

2 Likes

I believe @Pazdzie22 is referring to a mentioned update for this week on progress on that bug. Itā€™s fine if thereā€™s no update given the holiday week, of course.

5 Likes

Ummmā€¦ does anyone else find it amusing that the Development Roadmap shows the next update occurring on the mysterious date of November 31st? :wink:

4 Likes

Some updates require an ā€˜extraā€™ day. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Yes, we were promised an update on the topic of graphical downgrade this week.

4 Likes

So, no new stuff? Thatā€™s fine! Iā€™m not going to spend any more money on this sim untill they fixed the terrible LOD mess, anyway! But WHY for Godā€™s sake are they holding back updates? A lot of 3rd party planes (and even some of the default ones) need to be updated ASAP! Regards, a dissatisfied customer!!

5 Likes

I was also expecting an update on this LOD graphical issue for Xbox as mentioned in respective thread by community manager.
It is really disappointing that this issue shall be fixed somewhere in January and was not even mentioned in weeklyā€™s dev update
Come on, this is not acceptableā€¦for most of Xbox users, this game is broken and cannot be enjoyed anymoreā€¦.and all we got is a statement that we have to wait another 6 or 7 weeks.
Imagine that this would be an issue on PC sideā€¦cannot believe that PC users would have to wait that long.
I really love this game on Xbox but after SU11 it feels like we are simmers 2nd class.

9 Likes

:slight_smile:

can happen, also little bit same and funny was in that Q/A video with roadmap and airplanes, really I donā€™t know who prepared that road map but mixing planes names with their screenshots is ā€¦ I donā€™t know, who prove this to show this roadmap with that mistakes?

To linked Topic and screenshots of Gliders, nice pictures there but one screenshot of ā€˜Screenshot by satoshi_exe_ (Twitter)ā€™ is really nice, that pilot is in big trouble there, for sureā€¦

Can anybody tell me what is going on with the L39C on flight simulator 2020 it is flying erratically can somebody tell me if there is an update or theyā€™re working on it.

Thank you for choosing my glider themed picture as this updateā€™s illustration :). On the same day was my 41st birthday so it was a nice, unexpected present :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I really enjoy playing SU11 on my Xbox Series X. Waiting until mid January is easy when we have these nice helicopters to explore low altitude LA.

9 Likes

I canā€™t find a topic on the recent Q&A, so I will comment here, as it is (or should be) part of the Development Update.

I am disappointed about the comment from Jorg concerning ATC (combined with a couple of other items):

Jorg - When we say that, there are three topics like this: seasons, ATR ATC [air traffic control], and water. Itā€™s all kind of in the ā€“ Yeah, yeah, itā€™s a nice simple short word, but the implications of it all are huge. So itā€™s going to take a good long time. So donā€™t be all sad if it doesnā€™t happen in 2023.

So it looks like we will have to wait over a year for action?

Iā€™m not looking for a major update, just the obvious problems to be corrected, for example:

• Mad changes in altitude
  • Quick fire changes in altitude
  • Voices often missing
  • ATC transmissions often missing (only finding what they said from the co-pilotā€™s response)
  • Absence of pressure updates. (You only guess your pressure setting is wrong when ATC tells you for example youā€™re four hundred feet below your assigned altitude.)
  • Absence of various sensible responses/queries to ATC.

I know Working Title were scheduled to look into this, but no mention from Matt in his presentation - to be honest, Working Title are excellent with the instruments, so I donā€™t think they should have been tasked with this anyway, so Iā€™ve no complaints at all with WT.

This is something many users view as a significant problem which has been wrong since release. Many users go to external services for their ATC, but for those of us who would rather have the facility in the sim (for various reasons) it is a real immersion breaker.

If Asobo need to hire external coders, then hire people able to fix this problem - it should given some sort of priority over (for example) yet another new plane or yet another piece of pretty scenery.

7 Likes

Q&A Topic here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-18-nov-dev-stream/558436

Or by tag official-discussion
Latest official-discussion topics

The 18 November Q&A transcribed with video:

4 Likes

Why donā€™t the Dev Updates include the Top Bugs & Wishlist vote charts anymore?
It seems the last one that had them was 10/27, all the newer ones just say ā€œsee 10/27 feedback snapshotā€.

7 Likes

With the update, I started to get a LOT of Freezes. Getting absolutely sick and tired of that, I did this:

1. Turned OFF Photogrammetry - this means I lose the highly detailed areas in places like Universal Studios and Walt Disney World - which, by the way ARE high definition areas even when I crank down almost ALL of my other graphics stuff, the Photo ā€œRealismā€ setting (Photogrammetry is hard to say!) is truly impressiveā€¦ if it did not crash when flying low altitude with the F/A18!

2. I turned off everything that I do not absolutely NEED to acquire solid visuals so that I can CLEARLY recognize where I am.

3. I have Online Services, and the Bing Imagery turned ON - from any higher altitude, it is the photo of earth scenario, and - thus - everything, every road, every major area, is pretty clearly visible for me.

Bottom Line? If I can at least SEE the areas on the ground which identify to me where I am? Iā€™m OK for settling for that. Most of the 3D buildings which pop up are lacking, but they normally have the correct footprint of what is there.

While I can really see tall buildings in a city from far away, this is good enough.

When FSX came out, I actually purchased a computer just for that useā€¦ and it was not up to speed for it.

Now, I can crank up everything in FSX, and it is buttery smoothā€¦ but I built this computer with a lot of headroom in it, so when FS2020 came out, I figured all the bugs would be worked out by nowā€¦ just, sadly, they are notā€¦ not yet.