Official Discussion: September 16th, 2021 Development Update

Xbox is not getting the Mooney, it’s getting updated for PC - I think you are looking at the updates for the adjacent aircraft.

EDIT:

So finally a few hours and a couple of reboots later, the Mooney appears in the marketplace. YAY!

2 Likes

Could you please bring back the pictures that “pop out” in the blog so they can expand to a readable size? The “Web Friendly” versions are completely unreadable.

Why bother putting the pictures in if people can’t read them? And it’s not like I need glasses to read, either. I’m viewing the blog on a 55" in 4K TV from 2 ft away, and I don’t own or need reading glasses. I can easily read the fine print on packages.

1 Like

Hooray for tomorrows patch but this weeks market place content for aircraft on the Xbox is MEH. Maybe due to last week superb release they had to take it many notch down. We do appreciate the updates for contents that were release.

Looks like an issue with the forum software, they look fine when opening them in a new tab. You can also check out the website version of the update.

1 Like

So what is tomorrow’s hotfix addressing? Will it fix night lighting on Xbox? I can’t currently fly at night.

Cool! Thanks for the tip!
It’s been killing me for the last two releases.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too about the embedded images. This change occurred after a software update to the forum.

Thanks for posting this as it reminded me to bring this up.

3 Likes

I’ve been posting images semi-regularly (most recent being earlier today) and I don’t see this behaviour in anything I’ve posted.

2 Likes

Can someone at least give a statement on the strategy of putting garbage on the Xbox marketplace each week?

2 Likes

If you’ve ever been to a Marketplace on the street, people are there to sell their wares. It’s up to the buyer to determine the value of what they are purchasing. I have zero idea why anyone expects Microsoft to “police” the Marketplace, or why anyone would blame Microsoft for the quality of goods in the Marketplace.

What would that mean to somehow guarantee the quality of goods? Who decides what “quality” means? I can’t even begin to imagine how that would actually work, or how Microsoft could make any money given what it would cost to do such work.

6 Likes

Looking forward to the hot fix! Hoping it helps take care of the weird phenomena when there are lights outside the aircraft and you bank. Things definitely go all goofy.

1 Like

One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. We don’t need the community or even Microsoft to gatekeep the marketplace based on anyones percieved quality standards.

People are capable of making informed purchasing decisions on their own.

1 Like

Update today? Do I have to remove all my mods again?

Ohhhh, just 2 updates on PC.
I was hoping for some more.

At least good to see the hotfix tomorrow

To minimise any potential problems when updating the sim, I always ensure my community folder is empty prior to running MSFS for the first time after any core game update delivered through the MS Store. (I would be doing the same thing if I had purchased through the steam platform).

Once the sim has loaded successfully (and I have exited from that first launch) I then return my mods to the community folder.

3 Likes

I’m concerned there’s more Wish List Items “Started” compared to Bug Fix items, this Sim needs a stable base before more features are added ideally. Fix the blatant issues then start on fancy pretty stuff.

3 Likes

It would be really appreciated if the broken VR reflections could be fixed in a hotfix rather than waiting til SU6 (late October) - even with no further delay that would be 3 months with no water reflections. It may sound a minor thing but MS would not release marketing screenshots without water reflections as it looks quite fake!

In general I do think developers should prioritise fixing things that have been (accidentally) broken and taken away from users in the mandatory updates, and aim to restore them as quickly as possible. Thanks !

2 Likes

Do we know what the hotfix is going to fix? or we have to wait until after release to know…?

The next hotfix is targeted to release tomorrow, September 17th, at 8:00am PT. Once live, full patch notes will be posted.