Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

what you want to see? my version number is already postet

Yes it is sad really.

Ah @Garack666 nice screenshot… so MSFS stays there ? Zennn… relax. Make yourself 3 cups of tea… longest wait I have seen on that thing was ca 15 min !! really it happened ! 20 min on the complete startup and it did not show anything. Check your task manager… bet MSFS is downloading.

(these modern folks don’t know what waiting is anymore… :shushing_face: guys… there are SERVERS involved… )

Actually Ive never had the xbox app on my pc didn’t even know about it until the last update and I’ve used my flight simulator up until then without issue

1 Like

No it doesnt stay there its just starting like any other day. i can play but i am on old version

The update process worked well and downloaded quickly. The Sim is still running well for me, haven’t had any CTDs etc. Only thing that’s really annoying me is the “Azure Voice services unavailable” that happens every flight. Surely Microsoft can allocate more for the Sim if it’s a capacity issue?

Ah it started… and it works ? Ok… then I consider our support session as ended successfully :laughing:

(check the night lights)

:grinning: yeah it works but with:

want to have 1.19.9.0

What a pain. I had to log out of the XBox app then sign in in order for the update to show up.

1 Like

I’ve just had it confirmed by a Vatsim user on YouTube that the lights on aircraft traffic still are not working after this hotfix :frowning:

4 Likes

Pluses - much faster download than ever before.

Negatives - at part 7 of 8 went into a download loop. I paused the download, deleted the one file that it was hanging upon, and then it suddenly needed to download 60GB!

Finally finished the download and started up MSFS. It crashed several times on startup before it finally started.

Once in, FPS was not nearly as smooth as before in the couple of scenarios I tried.

2 Likes

Are you really sure about this ? Updates are never optional AND should not be optional. Game start should be disabled ! It is not !

Fly around, check the night lights. And try this… go Windowed mode, look at the version number in the MSFS header line.

Mine looks like this,

Also click your avatar. Mine gives the version number…

FWIW, I’m on the digital MS Store version (so not Gamepass) and my hotfix update didn’t require the Xbox app this time, unlike WU6. I simply clicked ‘get updates’ in the store and MSFS 2020 suddenly appeared in my update list and the client was upgraded from there. Yes, I had deleted the Xbox app after WU6 required it, so I was surprised when this hotfix update started without first re-installing the Xbox app.

I also never needed the Xbox app/companion app for any release prior to WU6, so the update steps/prerequisites remain inconsistent, at least for me.

Not reading the posts or maybe there is a translation problem.
Until just before SU5 there was a Windows program on your computer called the XBox Companion. It worked alongside the XBox Gaming services program and was part of your Windows 10 install. This was used by XBox Game Studio titles for license authentication since your initial installation of MSFS.

About a week before SU5 was released, the new XBox Cloud App was released that now handles those duties.

If users had not updated, your MSFS installation could not be validated and so the MS Store would not present an update for you to install.

Simply keep your system and its software properly updated and maintained and these kind of surprises won’t catch you.

2 Likes

Ok, updated x-box app, loged out, now cannot log back in. Just about done here. Going to take brake, try one more time, then completely done. I should not have to be programmer/detective/software engineer/and a host of other things to get this POS to work.

1 Like

Lol neither does the sim

Steam edition update of 527 megs got to 100% and started to loop again. So tired of this. rebooted and now update is 63 gigs again.

1 Like

Went through the update process and now I have the loading screen for last 10 minutes but with no photo background. Asobo, get your s*** together

1 Like

Not true :wink:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-september-17th-hotfix-1-19-9-0/454531/312

I am sure:

MS has just bugged my game out