Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

how many times? i clicked on it like 10 times, startet MSFS 5 times now no update

And yes Xbox app is running and i am logged in

I think they slowly Abandon this Game, its get worse every month

Do what I do. Be grateful they are fixing things.

2 Likes

What I did was just leave the XBox app running. It update the game for me automatically. Just check that you have that feature enabled first. I never even saw the update in the MS Store, the app did it all for me.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: only ONE time is neededā€¦ and wait for the 570M download, just leave it on. Zennnn, make some tea

Second time that I see no update possibility in the Store. All WIN updates are made. Any Idea what Ican do.

This is more to do with Game Pass for PC than an Xbox thing. Although I can see why you might think itā€™s because of the Xbox launch.

where is this feature?

Reboot. Check if the XBox-app needs updates and make sure it has started AND youā€™re logged in there.

Ignore the update list in Store. You go to MSFS icon there.

But first, go MSFS, let MSFS start the Store. In the store, click on MSFSā€¦ and wait at least 5 minutes. Make yourself a cup of teaā€¦ A download of 570M should start in the Store. When finished, close the Store, start MSFSā€¦ Checking Update will do the rest.

by the way, in Content Manager I found this extra stuff,

The screenshot tels me you had the same problem i had, the initial download Was not more then aprox. 500 mb. The 16,08 GB and the download of the fs.base files startet me checking the files in the ONSTORE directory and I noticed that the hotfix deleted the complete FS.BASE file was gone. Thatā€™s where the 16,08 GB download came from.

Since DAY ONE this has been an XBox Game Studios title. Donā€™t care whether it was on the XBox or not. Your license was purchased from XBox Game Studios and requires the XBox authentication app, which was updated just before SU5 was released, and previously XBox companion.

Donā€™t remember having to log in when you first installed MSFS?

1 Like

I sat there for about half an hour refreshing the store with no luck. I then grabbed a bit to eat, and when I came back I noticed the XBox app on the tool bar had a little ā€œ1ā€ on it. The update had eventually appeared in my region, and it automatically downloaded it for me. I love that!

Working perfectly for me. No troubles downloading, no CTDā€™s flying in dense NY addon scenery. Awesome update!!!

1 Like

nothing here

Just leave it open, and it should do it itself. Perhaps the update never made it to your local MS servers yet. Iā€™m in the UK, so we arenā€™t a million miles apart, but still.

I just wish I could get it to notify me when its done, that would be the icing on the cake. I could then go off, and do something more interesting waiting for future updates to be released.

that worked!

1 Like

Nope another CTD, two flights out of three ended with a CTDā€¦
Frustrating.
Guess I am one of the unlucky ones now.
Too aggravating calling it a day.

hmm ok perhaps i need to change my region in windows.

Sorry, I meant your geographical region on the Internet. If you had a VPN I would suggest firing it up, and pop out somewhere in the US, for example.

I saw a Ryan Air plane with its lights on 2 or 3 days ago, since then nar the same, broken but it wasnt listed in the release notes.

Thx for your fast reply, the tea is now cold and after reboot the update in the store will not start automatically. I still see only the play button :frowning_face: