Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

@Jummivana please see it bring this thread to the attention of the dev team

You mean the distant shimmering/blur such as trees and buildings?

3 Likes

Ok this is a very good thing, but will have to wait a long time before I can try to launch a flight … I have not managed to do a single flight since your last update…

Anything on the White Dot - Cockpit View issue?

Would love to have a toggle on/off for that eye sore.

4 Likes

God hears prayer, I am very grateful that wash out colors was on the hotfix list.

3 Likes

:arrow_forward::arrow_forward::arrow_forward::arrow_forward: Would be really great to finally have a hotfix for the wind gusts bug since SU4 :arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward:

1 Like

Yup the shimmering and distant blur is awful in VR.

7 Likes

Sure, agreed. But just hearing about new sliders, clouds being addressed, lod and popping, is fantastic news. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Menus and in flight toolbars more specifically

1 Like

Please, thanks for the next hotfix of this hotfix.
We woñld like again to let more than 12 ai models to be injected on simulator. Many of us have converted thousand of fsx repaints to be seen in a personal ai traffic. we could have realist airports because of that. could you let us have the same free oportunity than before?
thanks

1 Like

A new hope.

3 Likes

Excellent news! One thing I wonder, however:

-what about AI building detail reduction? Any sliders planned?

-The washed out and cold overall look, lack of shadow intensity? Anything planned on that front?

Looking forward to the updates!! Thanks Asobo!

4 Likes

Excellent news!! Thanks for your support!!

1 Like

Thank you a lot for this highly anticipated feedback.

I hope Live-AI Traffic CTD is solved soon, maybe even with the hotfix.
Feeling pretty lonely on the airports right now…

4 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging the issues and providing this communication update. I have been reading so many negative/defeatist/conspiracy comments over the last few days that I felt myself slowly disappearing that hole. Your communication has pulled me back, and improved my mood.

4 Likes

That is a decent list of fixes. The terrain and LOD is a good one, the popping doesn’t bother me so so much but then again I only play on high. I’m wondering if we’ll still have an increase in FPS after they fix the detail in the scenery from altitude and so on. That would be amazing.

All great stuff, update 5 has been a big improvement for the end users IMHO. But, is there an update for us 3rd party developers who have been severely impacted in terms of the usual workflow not working any more when updating scenery, missing or dancing jetways etc, the things that we don’t know are a core problem or a developer problem?

The cloud shader changes introduced in SU5 to attempt to increase their realism under certain lighting conditions are being reverted. This will prevent excess light from transmitting through them, distorting the overall scene exposure level. This will also make them look like they did prior to SU5.

-Matt | Working Title

26 Likes

So now that the team has worked hard to gather data and announce so many fixes, acknowledging issues and promising betterment, that’s not enough either and we need to start complaining about 3 weeks waiting time?

3 Likes

Fantastic work , so happy to read this. Thank you.